VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone know how to get the rest quality recording output for OBS screen recorder?. My laptop has 8GB ram and enough space but anything close to 1080p results in some lagging, not so much at first but for long periods it will lag more. From what I've read about screen recording in OBS it's best to record in CFR mode and use MKV, it strongly advises not to use MP4 for recording. I suppose it depends on what I'm recording.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Depends on what it is recording and the capabilities of the machine. But normally for me, I capture computer-usage for tutorials, and the best way to cap that (assuming NOT simultaneously streaming) is to cap in losslessly-compressed codec in RGB color space. Then edit, then do an optimized compression for distribution.
    Always a good idea to use a separate drive for recording storage. If the source being capped is already CPU intensive, it is best to output via HDMI and cap on a different machine (spreading out the load).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Depends on what it is recording and the capabilities of the machine. But normally for me, I capture computer-usage for tutorials, and the best way to cap that (assuming NOT simultaneously streaming) is to cap in losslessly-compressed codec in RGB color space. Then edit, then do an optimized compression for distribution.
    Always a good idea to use a separate drive for recording storage. If the source being capped is already CPU intensive, it is best to output via HDMI and cap on a different machine (spreading out the load).

Scott
    Thanks for the advice, but I am wanting to use it for recording a live stream.
    Quote Quote