VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have used mvktoolnix to append video2 to video1. No errors and 1 warning. Video1 portion is good. The video2 audio is ok but the video is heavily corrupted. I have attached the mediainfo files of both (if it will help). The warning is :

The track number 0 from the file 'video2.mkv' can probably not be appended correctly to the track number 0 from the file 'video1.mkv': The codec's private data does not match. Both have the same length (43) but different content. Please make sure that the resulting file plays correctly the whole time. The author of this program will probably not give support for playback issues with the resulting file.

Fixable? -thx
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Quote Quote  
  3. you can try remuxing each of your files wiht:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i "InputFile" -map 0 -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb,dump_extra=keyframe "OutputFile"
    This should add SPS and PPS data to every keyframe.
    Then try to concatenate the new files, you probably will still get the same warning, but it might help.

Other than that, you could:

1. extract the raw .h264 stream of the 2nd part and analyse it with h264_parse to get some more data about the video stream and compare whether those are really compatible with the first file.
    or
    2. reencode the first file with the settings that were used to create the second file
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Selur. I have resolved the issue using a minor variation of your reencode suggestion.
    Quote Quote