VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I have tried different software but all of them convert the video too, any solution to just add the sub?
    I usually use Movavi but if I add the subs it transforms the file from 311MB to 1.18GB leaving the same video settings
    thx
    Last edited by Donnje; 10th Jan 2023 at 14:40.
    Quote Quote  
  2. For mp4 sub has to be converted to mov_text.
    Sub/idx is incompatible with mp4.
    If you want sub, then remux to mkv.
    Last edited by ProWo; 10th Jan 2023 at 15:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't want to change the size of the file just put the mp4 plus subtitle file in a MKV container using MKVToolNix. Just drag and drop the files into the main window. Quality and size In = Quality and size Out.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The subs need to be in srt format. Add a copy of ffmpeg.exe to the folder.
    Subtitles-Add-Track-to-MP4 v04.cmd
    Code:
    @echo off
    :: Video 'track name.mp4' must have matching 'track name.srt'

if not exist New\ md New
    :: Add forced .srt subtitle track.
    for %%a in ("*.mp4") do if exist "%%~na.srt" ffmpeg.exe -i "%%a" -sub_charenc ISO-8859-1 -i "%%~na.srt" ^
        -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 1:0 -disposition forced -avoid_negative_ts 1 -max_interleave_delta 0 ^
         -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=eng -threads 0 -y "New\%%a"
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    If you don't want to change the size of the file just put the mp4 plus subtitle file in a MKV container using MKVToolNix. Just drag and drop the files into the main window. Quality and size In = Quality and size Out.
    thanks, i just fixed it like this
    Quote Quote