VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, I'm experiencing a weird situation with a mux i'm doing.
    In few words, I usually mux the dvd audio with an HD encode.
    I always used makemkv to create an mkv of the DVD, then I used to extract audio, subs and chapters from it.
    But this time the DVD is strange, makemkv created 3 separated files instead of an unique file, MovieA+MovieB+endcredits.

At this point, in order to get the dvd audio as unique files, I changed software, I used DGIndex,
    that despite it gave me an unique video and unique audio files, it does not handle chapters and subs.

so, I used mkvtoolnix and appended MovieA+MovieB+endcredits into a single file and I've extracted the chapters and the subs.
    I fixed some chapters titles and they are now fine.
    Now I've troubles with idx/subs, they have been extracted, and when I mux them I can see them in mpc-hc,
    but if I try to load them into Subtitle Edit, in order to convert them into sup or OCR them into srt, I just cannot, cause they look empty, no images, just timings.
    how is it possible? can I please have some help?

here's the idx/subs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ke22baijjsb3q09/AABuKPbnkcF_hkLy3GR9HE2ia?dl=0
    I just would like to convert them into sup, nothing else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    They are not empty.

I converted one of the files. Does this work for you?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Skiller View Post
    They are not empty.

I converted one of the files. Does this work for you?

I know they are not really empty, but they look like empty in Subtitle Edit,
    Yes, thx, that sup you did, it works, how did you convert it? (that sup u did is the MovieA part only)
    I usually do that with "SE-Convert to sup"-zoom150% -1080p, but with these 2 idx/sub it does not work,
    SE does not see the images and my sup is really empty.
    So please tell me how you did convert it/them, so I can do the same changing the zoom fitting my preferences.

PS: sub5 and sub6 are basically the same but the 6 is more stretched horizontally.
    Last edited by maudit; 8th Jan 2023 at 10:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I used BDSup2Sub.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Note that the first image really is empty... SE has some trouble with this vobsub as SE assumed the first color was transparent
    Should be fixed in latest beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases/download/3.6.10/SubtitleEditBeta.zip
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Nikse View Post
    Note that the first image really is empty... SE has some trouble with this vobsub as SE assumed the first color was transparent
    Should be fixed in latest beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases/download/3.6.10/SubtitleEditBeta.zip
    ah! yes! indeed, I was dealing/struggling with transparent colors but it doesn't not help.
    with this beta, all is ok, thank you very much,, awesome,..thanks!
    Quote Quote