VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have tried to get this to work right but I just cant figure this out.

It can read my Blu-Ray .SUP file subs, and OCR them fine, but its making them .srt like. All of the formatting, positioning, and coloring is gone when I save as .ass subtitles. The OCR process is using .srt formatting, and even if I save as .ass, the formatting, positioning, and coloring is gone.

Whats up with this, and how I can keep it like the .SUP formatting?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle Edit does not support conversion of .sup to .ass with all bells & whistles. For editing "non-textual" properties, you can try the so-called SUP editor. No OCR is performed and both inputs and outputs are image-based. Go File --> Import --> Bluray (.sup) subtitle for edit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There has got to be something that can convert .sup into .ass via OCR and keep the positions and font colors.

I usually use subextractor, and have used it with great results for years, but for some reason it will not work with this particular Blu-Ray. I do not know of any other program that can do this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Actually, you know what. That editing the .SUP file actually solved my problem. I just changed the background color of the SUP to black, and now the program I usually use can OCR it properly now.

I knew I could edit .sup, but I never even thought about trying to change the background and or font colors until just now with it.
    Quote Quote