VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I have a large Mp3 file i would like to convert to AAX or AA (Audible) Having looked online i've been unsuccessful. Would anyone have a solution ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I never tried to create aax files, with that said.

Audible AAX files are encrypted M4B files which use a 128bit AES key.
    One can convert aax files tu m4b files with ffmpeg:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -activation_bytes XXXXXXXX -i MyNiceBook.aax -c copy MyNiceBook.m4b
    which since ffmpeg 4.1 also copies the artwork.

There was a patch for ffmpeg to create aax files ( see: https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/17559601585196510@sas2-2fa759678732....-c.yandex.net/), but afaik. it never made it into ffmpeg.

There are a few online converters for it and some paid tools like 'AudKit Audible AAX Converter' which claim they can convert to aax. (I haven't tested any of them and thus can't recommend any. Also note that they all seem 'sketchy' from my point of view.)

=> sorry, don't have any real solution

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. “Thank you both” for your replies.

Selur wrote:
    Audible AAX files are encrypted M4B files which use a 128bit AES key. One can convert aax files tu m4b files with ffmpeg:
    Great, I shall take look at ffmpeg / M4B. Maybe this could work, and then using a (Audible) converter to split into chapters. Thanks, much appreciated.

pcspeak wrote:
    Maybe either of the two methods described here:
    Yep, tried each of the methods in the links, didn't work for me. Thanks anyway for the links, much appreciated.
    Quote Quote