VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So in Any Video Converter 7.1.1 it crashes because of subtitle errors

[2022-12-30 01:46:58,989] INFO ffmpeg.error : [Parsed_subtitles_0 @ 0307dcc0] Neither PlayResX nor PlayResY defined. Assuming 384x288

I found out that Subtitle Edit seems to add "ScaledBorderAndShadow: Yes" to the .ass files. It never did this on my win7 pc. Removing the line fixes it but its a pain to deal with this on subs daily. Any way to change how SE adds elements/code?
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, that's really a bug in your converter software.

It should now be possible to remove this tag in latest SE beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases/tag/3.6.10 - get SubtitleEditBeta.zip

[Attachment 68419 - Click to enlarge]

It's normally also a good idea to set the PlayResX/PlayResY
    Quote Quote  
  3. That's not a permanent fix for future subsequent subtitles. I work on subtitles all the time, so that's too much extra work for tv shows and movies. I'll just find an older version of SE. Should I uninstall, or can I just install the older version over the same directory?
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you should write to your video converter dev for a real fix...

In the SE Settings.xml, you can change "<AssaShowScaledBorderAndShadow>True</AssaShowScaledBorderAndShadow>" to "<AssaShowScaledBorderAndShadow>False</AssaShowScaledBorderAndShadow>"
    Which will change the default settings for new ASSA files
    Quote Quote  
  5. There's no line with that code. And the converter dev never fixed issues like videos failing if the vid/sub filename has a comma/quote in it. This bug is years old, I report things sometimes.
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The "AssaShowScaledBorderAndShadow" is only available in latest beta
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm using 3.6.10. Is there a way to check the build number?
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sure, check Help - About

Should be at least build 173:
    [Attachment 68420 - Click to enlarge]

And you need to run it once, and then exit (for Settings.xml to be updated)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Obviously i'm doing something wrong. Installed the beta, did a search for 'scaled'.... nothing. Should I add the code somewhere?

I see that my build number is still not like yours
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Settings.xml is in the "SE data folder" which you can open from SE via Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes I found that folder by manually finding it. I see that my build number is still not like yours I dont have "next beta 173" at the end
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  12. I found a portable beta but I have a feeling it won't update the settings file
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The settings.xml will pop-up in SE beta portable folder after first SE usage. "AssaShowScaledBorderAndShadow" is there and replacing the string went ok.
    Using Win7 x64.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I already know how to access settings.xml. The string is not there. I don't have the beta, I can't find it
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote