VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Jawz22 View Post

Would you recommend downgrading my python like mrmyst suggested?
    The error message says it is missing crypto
    Code:
    pip install crypto
    may do it. But it is missing on my system which runs fine without it.

We upgrade systems to improve them; so it follows we downgrade and make them worse. There is a lot of silly folklore around python because version 2 was incompatible with version 3. Just run the latest pyton you can find.
    Quote Quote  
  2. yes A_n_g_e_l_a.... but "crypto" is "pycryptodome"....and i think that you have pycryptodome installed on your computer
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cedric8528 View Post
    yes A_n_g_e_l_a.... but "crypto" is "pycryptodome"....and i think that you have pycryptodome installed on your computer

Well there s a package 'crypto' and thats what the error message was asking for. And the import in scanner.py is for "from Crypto.PublicKey import RSA" No mention of cryptodome?

I see in the requirements it just lists protobuf. Now that package does casue problems and recently a major version change from 3 to 4 occured. I wonder if it is related to that

pip install protobuf==3.20.3 if version 4 is installed

and i have these installed that have crypto in their title

cryptography==37.0.2
    pycrypto==2.6.1 ## missing this one?
    pycryptodome==3.16.0
    pycryptodomex==3.15.0
    Last edited by A_n_g_e_l_a; 29th Dec 2022 at 13:59.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    There is a lot of silly folklore around python because version 2 was incompatible with version 3
    Originally Posted by mrmyst View Post
    I'm using Python 3.10.7
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for your help Angela.

Maybe

Code:
    pip install pycrypto
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks Cederic8528, mrmyst and A_n_g_e_l_a for all your help.

I started from scratch, uninstalled python and deleted the packages folder—restarted, and installed the latest python and these:
    Code:
    pip install protobuf==3.20.3
    pip install cryptography==37.0.2
    pip install pycryptodome==3.16.0
    pip install pycryptodomex==3.15.0
    When running
    Code:
    pip install pycrypto
    it threw up a long error and didn't install but it worked now. Not really sure where the problem was but starting from scratch seemed to work so now have my own CDM.

Thanks again for your excellent guide and your extra help
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm glad it worked
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Adjusted 'The Temple of Doom' intro to point to this thread. Thanks, Cedric, for doing this.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks you A_n_g_e_l_a
    Quote Quote  
  10. I got private_key.pem and client_id.bin but i'm not sure how to use them. Can you please explain? (sorry for the dumb question, I just try to learn from scratch)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Now you download WKS-Keys ( https://cdm-project.com/CDM-Tools ), copy those files into the "WKS-KEYS\pywidevine\L3\cdm\devices\android_generic" folder, rename the files:
    client_id.bin -> device_client_id_blob
    private_key.pem -> device_private_key
    and there you go
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by ampersand View Post
    Now you download WKS-Keys ( https://cdm-project.com/CDM-Tools ), copy those files into the "WKS-KEYS\pywidevine\L3\cdm\devices\android_generic" folder, rename the files:
    client_id.bin -> device_client_id_blob
    private_key.pem -> device_private_key
    and there you go
    i've done what you said above but when i run l3.py it asks for the pssh and the lic url. i enter them correctly but i got the error

Code:
    unable to parse license - check protobufs
    anything i'm doing wrong?
    Thank you for your answer..
    Quote Quote  
  13. Psychology student CrymanChen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cenkoman View Post
    I got private_key.pem and client_id.bin but i'm not sure how to use them. Can you please explain? (sorry for the dumb question, I just try to learn from scratch)
    You should rename them separately.
    change private_key.pem to device_private_key
    change client_id.bin to device_client_id_blob
    twitter @Cryman_Chen
    email crymanchen@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by cenkoman View Post
    i've done what you said above but when i run l3.py it asks for the pssh and the lic url. i enter them correctly but i got the error
    Code:
    unable to parse license - check protobufs
    anything i'm doing wrong?
    Thank you for your answer..
    search the forum for the streaming site as its probably come up before, or if you cant find it, start a new thread and include a link to what you are trying to get (the browser main url not the mpd url)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Just wanted to make a post in case anyone else runs into the same issue that Jawz22 was encountering when trying to run
    Code:
    Python dump_keys.py
    They were getting the error: No module named 'Crypto'

I believe that when you install the latest version of the pip package pycryptodome, it creates a folder named 'crypto' in:
    Code:
    C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages
    You need to rename that folder with a capital 'C' to 'Crypto'

I was encountering the same issue that Jawz22 was getting and even after reinstalling Python and all of these pip packages and rebooting, I still kept getting that same error, but renaming that folder finally worked for me. Good luck.

--------

I have a different issue however. Now I have gotten to the final step of the process and I have gone to view a test DRM video and I see that dumper-main is working and everything, however, in the first post, cedric8528 says: "Let's have a look in dumper-main directory.

You will find a directory (private-keys) containing the 2 files"

That directory is not there for me, nor are there 2 files anywhere. The only new file that I see in dumper-main is some file named license_request.bin (https://imgur.com/dMVsXUB). I have searched my entire C drive for client_id.bin and it cannot be found.
    Last edited by black_tooth; 4th Jan 2023 at 00:35.
    Quote Quote  
  16. When you download "dumper-main" , the folder "private keys" doesn't exist.

It will be create when you will dump the two files...and I think you have dump....nothing

I think you have missed something in the procedure.

Maybe try with another site (with drm)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by cedric8528 View Post
    put yourself in the right directory and type
    Code:
    adb.exe devices
    We can see that our virtual device is recongnized.

[Attachment 68351 - Click to enlarge]

Put the Frida-server file we have downloaded In our virtual phone

Code:
    adb.exe push frida-server-16.0.2-android-x86 /sdcard
    [Attachment 68352 - Click to enlarge]

So let's communicate with our Virtual device
    Put the Frida server in the good directory of our device
    Give permission to execute the file
    Execute frida-server!
    Code:
    adb.exe shell
    su
    mv /sdcard/frida-server_yourversion /data/local/tmp
    chmod  +x /data/local/tmp/frida-server-yourversion
    /data/local/tmp/frida-server-16.0.2-android-x86
    [Attachment 68356 - Click to enlarge]
    Is there an alternate way of accomplishing what these adb.exe commands are doing? I'm on a Mac and everything seems to work but that ("platform-tools" directory is /Users/yourname/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools on Mac). Do you think this can be tweaked for Mac?
    Last edited by DrFishopolisPHD; 7th Jan 2023 at 17:22. Reason: I broke forum rules by mentioning a subscription streaming service
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DrFishopolisPHD View Post

Is there an alternate way of accomplishing what these adb.exe commands are doing? I'm on a Mac .... Do you think this can be tweaked for Mac?
    One might imagine that any Dr Fishopolis with a Ph.d might just be bright enough to work it out for himself; but a poser, just puffing himself, might not. Where do you stand?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DrFishopolisPHD View Post
    Is there an alternate way of accomplishing what these adb.exe commands are doing? I'm on a Mac and everything seems to work but that ("platform-tools" directory is /Users/yourname/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools on Mac). Do you think this can be tweaked for Mac?
    what's the problem exactly? adb doesn't work at all (as in, doesn't get recognized as a command) or it doesn't show any devices? have you tried googling "adb mac" to figure out how to set up adb on mac?
    Quote Quote  
  20. I cant event get the Android to boot.

Get a popup saying Waiting for debugger, attach a debugger or ESC to cancel.

Must be something simple i'm missing. Which version of Android Studio is the OP using I have downloaded the latest version from the website - perhaps an older version is needed?
    Quote Quote  
  21. @gareth41

You can close this popup and your phone will boot normally...

If after few minutes, you don't have your phone on the screen, Try to install "Intel X86 Emulator Accelerator (if you have an Intel Proc)

[Attachment 68603 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  22. I am trying to get the keys for a moto g3, I changed the rom to android 7.1, but when I put the last commands from the following list the phone stops responding.
    adb.exe shell
    his
    mv /sdcard/frida-server_yourversion /data/local/tmp
    chmod +x /data/local/tmp/frida-server-yourversion
    /data/local/tmp/frida-server-16.0.2-android-x86
    So I run dump keys and get this:

Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by cedric8528 View Post
    @gareth41

You can close this popup and your phone will boot normally...

If after few minutes, you don't have your phone on the screen, Try to install "Intel X86 Emulator Accelerator (if you have an Intel Proc)

[Attachment 68603 - Click to enlarge]
    Thanks, I ended up using another PC as the one I was on had issues. Clean install of Win10 and then Android Studio it worked perfectly and I was able to extract a client id and private key.

I wonder how long this method will work before Google put an end to it. Obviously the unique client id and key (CDM) need to be valid and known to Google (registered in their database) or the widevine license request would fail. I haven't checked this but I would say its likely Android Studio is requesting a new CDM each time from Google - and if that is the case it probably wont be long before they patch newer version's of Android Studio (to prevent extraction) and block older versions from requesting new CDM's. Will be interesting to see where this goes...
    Quote Quote  
  24. Since I was having trouble running dump keys in an android 7.1 room, I did the steps in this tutorial and got the files, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  25. anyone help ?

λ adb devices
    List of devices attached
    emulator-5554 device

λ adb.exe shell
    su
    mv /sdcard/frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86 /datgeneric_x86_arm:/ $ su
    a/local/tmp
    chgeneric_x86_arm:/ # mv /sdcard/frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86 /data/local/tmp
    mod +x /data/local/tmp/frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86
    /data/local/tmp/frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86 &generic_x86_arm:/ # chmod +x /data/local/tmp/frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86
    generic_x86_arm:/ # /data/local/tmp/frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86 &
    [1] 4047
    generic_x86_arm:/ # ps | grep frida
    root 4047 4043 64468 50316 poll_schedule_timeout f1556b39 S frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86
    root 4047 4043 64468 50316 poll_schedule_timeout f1556b39 S frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86
    root 4047 4043 64428 50352 poll_schedule_timeout f1556b39 S frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86
    root 4047 4043 64428 50352 poll_schedule_timeout f1556b39 S frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86
    generic_x86_arm:/ #

λ python dump_keys.py
    2023-01-10 08:33:23 PM - root - 16 - INFO - Connected to Android Emulator 5554
    2023-01-10 08:33:23 PM - root - 17 - INFO - scanning all processes for the following libraries
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\S\Desktop\L3\dump_keys.py", line 18, in <module>
    for process in device.enumerate_processes():
    File "C:\Users\S\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python31 0\lib\site-packages\frida\core.py", line 34, in wrapper

return f(*args, **kwargs)
    File "C:\Users\S\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python31 0\lib\site-packages\frida\core.py", line 118, in enumerate_processes
    return self._impl.enumerate_processes(*args, **kwargs)
    frida.ProtocolError: unable to communicate with remote frida-server; please ensure that major versions match and that the remote Frida has the feature you are trying to use
    Last edited by staszek1503; 10th Jan 2023 at 15:28.
    Quote Quote  
  26. As you can see on the error message, your version of frida-server must be the same on local and on your virtual device.

You can also try another version of Frida.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by cedric8528 View Post
    As you can see on the error message, your version of frida-server must be the same on local and on your virtual device.

You can also try another version of Frida.
    At 100 are the same
    All installed two days ago
    I also tried different versions of Phyton 9.2 10.0 currently I have 10.2
    version
    frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86
    as installed on the computer
    I also tried other commands
    adb push frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86 /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86
    adb shell /data/ local/tmp/frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86 &
    instead of
    mv /sdcard/frida-server-16.0.8-android-x86 /data/local/tmp