VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I am planning to cut my .TS recordings that I've done with AltDVB. In the threads I have read many of you guys seem to use VideoReDo or TS-Doctor for this purpose, but if I've read correctly, both are paid programs. TS-Doctor for example worked just fine until the free period was over. I did not test VideoReDo though.

Is there a free alternative to both that serve the same purpose?
    Which is to cut the .TS files losslessly (no re-encode or smart rendering) on I-Frames while preserving all other streams (PAT, PMT, Teletext, Subtitles, etc.) in the same container (TS).

Avidemux was also reccomended. But is it able to copy all streams or just A+V?

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ProjectX is free but it doesn't do anything other than SDTV. Sadly never updated. The rest are payware like TSDoctor and VideoRedo however the owner recently died and the consensus is the program will end.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Avidemux just does a+v,doesn't do subtitles.If you want to do some cutting and don't mind mkv output then mkvmerge can do some cutting on i frames.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Avidemux just does a+v,doesn't do subtitles.If you want to do some cutting and don't mind mkv output then mkvmerge can do some cutting on i frames.
    Okay, that looks like my only option then. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TSDoctor is currently € 38,90 so really not so expensive for what it does. I purchased MakeMKV because the author has put a lot of work into it over the years and should be supported, same goes for TSDoctor.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote