VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a movie which is suffering from a bad colorspace conversion (DCI to D65), resulting in a green-tinted video. Both the regular 1080p and the 4K Dolby Vision discs suffer from this. I already generated a LUT.cube file which fixes the issue, and successfully applied it to the regular 1080p Blu-ray. But now, I want to apply the same fix to the 4K. Is it possible/needed to edit the colorspace of a Dolby Vision UHD BD? What would need to be converted, is that even possible, and if so, how to do it?

I have worked with extracting/injecting Dolby Vision RPU data before, but this is the first time I need to fix the colors. Also, I have no idea if it even stores the colorspace. Is it enough to just apply the LUT to the video, or does the DV metadata need to be edited? Is this even possible? And the HDR base layer? Would that need to be edited, too, or is it enough if I just encode with ffmpeg and call the LUT.cube from there, and will it correct the HDR layer if needed?

I have a fair amount of experience when it comes to encoding, but this is uncharted territory for me. Anyone ever had to mess with Dolby Vision video before?

Greetings,

Steve
    Last edited by RajaSteve; 12th Dec 2022 at 10:49. Reason: forgot to politely greet
    Quote Quote