VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For certain videos, I've been taking advantage of VLC's ability to make use of .m3u files to play only certain parts of certain videos in sequence. For example, from 10:26 to 19:52, then 20:45 to 41:10, etc. These can only be denominated by full seconds but it's better than nothing.

But nowadays I need to make use of Avisynth for the handy FrostyBorders plugin, which fills black letterboxing with duplicate video imagery so as to avoid the chance of OLEDs burning in letterboxes. Unfortunately, these two things—Avisynth and .m3u sequences—do not mix. Or rather VLC can't play an .avs file and it's the only media player that has any means for playing video clip sequences like this.

But I reckon it's possible to just set up clip sequences in Avisynth files themselves. The trick is in knowing how this is done. It seems to be a little too esoteric for guides to be conveniently available with searches.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try PotPlayer's integrated AviSynth feature. It will play the m3u playlist while applying the AviSynth filter(s) you want.

Yes, you can use AviSynth to play only parts of a video. See the Trim() filter.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Trim
    Quote Quote