VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, i want to know if are possible to get live output or pipe with N_m3u8DL-RE instead recording?

Your help will apreciated
    Last edited by lasauce35; 8th Dec 2022 at 14:49.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by lasauce35 View Post

Your help will apreciated
    Help yourself instead

n_m3u8dl-re.exe --help
    Quote Quote  
  3. yes i have already checked, this function look not possible =/
    Quote Quote  
  4. theses options are for recording
    -Download live stream as VOD
    -Merge into FILE
    -Keep segment when Recording
    -Recording Time Limit
    Quote Quote  
  5. I had the same idea and did not manage it. But it's most unlikely that it works somehow because there are two separate streams, picture and sound, that are not muxed in any way before. So first there should be something like a real-time-muxing before you can pipe the resulting stream.
    But if you want to pipe to vlc there is another way: Just download. Vlc can open multiple files and synchronize. Open the picture-mp4 that is still recorded. On the dialog check "play another source synchron" and do so with the sound. Works for me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you Quint for your reply,

I need live output for restream, probably with ffmpeg but not work with pipe function. i believe the only way i can use are launching 2 instances in the same time N_m3u8DL-re + ffmpeg to get segments and output with m3u8 playlist.

This method look complicated and need perfect sync..like removing old segments, etc. i'm not sure how to proceed with that

Probably in the future all-in-one tool will be appear..
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can also stream with vlc, and with the two files totally in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Code:
    https://github.com/nilaoda/N_m3u8DL-RE/releases/tag/v0.1.5-beta
    Example:
    Code:
    N_m3u8DL-RE.exe --save-name _TEST "https://cmafref.akamaized.net/cmaf/live-ull/2006350/akambr/out.mpd" --live-real-time-merge --tmp-dir TMP --live-pipe-mux --auto-select
    This will only produce _TEST.ts instead of separated video and audio.
    Quote Quote  
  9. --live-pipe-mux added to n_m3u8dl-re latest version today as well
    https://github.com/nilaoda/N_m3u8DL-RE/compare/v0.1.4-beta...v0.1.5-beta
    Quote Quote  
  10. DrOmicron
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    --live-pipe-mux added to n_m3u8dl-re latest version today as well
    thank you codehound very appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by dromicron View Post
    Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    --live-pipe-mux added to n_m3u8dl-re latest version today as well
    thank you codehound very appreciated
    Thank nilaoda - its not my work - I'm just reporting whats available.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Has anyone managed to use the --live-pipe-mux to pass directly the pipe to ffmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Juan113 View Post
    Has anyone managed to use the --live-pipe-mux to pass directly the pipe to ffmpeg?
    Have you tried it ? Let us know
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Tried but no luck, it only generates a .ts file and i cannot pipe to any external software
    Will try to fork the repo and compile it by myself to achieve this, if i succeed i will post the repo link
    Quote Quote  
  15. getting better each time ,, very good binary
    Quote Quote  
  16. Has anyone gotten live output to work? I have tried several combinations of --live-real-time-merge --live-pipe-mux --mp4-real-time-decryption and every time N_m3u8DL-RE just downloads the video first, then audio and only after everything is downloaded gives the output to a file.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by awsj22 View Post
    Has anyone gotten live output to work? I have tried several combinations of --live-real-time-merge --live-pipe-mux --mp4-real-time-decryption and every time N_m3u8DL-RE just downloads the video first, then audio and only after everything is downloaded gives the output to a file.
    Using only --live-pipe-mux usually works fine for me (except when you --use-shaka-packager, which seems to break it) as it produces a .ts file which you can reproduce to watch live content. If you post the command you ran, I can test it.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by white_snake View Post
    Using only --live-pipe-mux usually works fine for me (except when you --use-shaka-packager, which seems to break it) as it produces a .ts file which you can reproduce to watch live content. If you post the command you ran, I can test it.
    Thanks for your reply! You are right that does indeed seem to work with livestreams (works for me even with --use-shaka-packager), but if I use that same command for a recording then it does not do the live output and downloads all the data first and then only outputs the file.

Code:
    N_m3u8DL-RE.exe --auto-select --live-pipe-mux --use-shaka-packager --save-name test --key kid:key url
    Quote Quote