VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, I've recorded this movie and I already knew that it had bad quality, anyway I'd never imagined such that bad.
    the video looks like it randomly changes from deinterlaced to not deinterlaced or bad deinterlaced.

before even start to crop and think about if to remove the logo or not,
    I'd like to have some hints from you on about how to treat it, how to fix those artifacts.

the video looks like progressive to me, but I've tried
    Code:
    QTGMC(Preset="Slower", InputType=N)  #N=1 or 2 or 3
    and the result is always very bad

so then I tried
    Code:
    QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven()
    this works much better and it seems it does not affect so much to the frames that do not seem interlaced.

what do you think? Do I continue to use
    QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven()
    on this video, or maybe I can use some different commands or approach?

and what about the frame 44? can I somehow remove that "half logo" remnant?

20 min sample:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckdvkm3r4z4dgzf/Il%20cacciatore%20di%20squali%20-%2020m%20sample.mkv?dl=0

current script
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1170hrsg77lp0p/Il%20cacciatore%20di%20squali%20-%20cut_trac...D.mkv.avs?dl=0

mask:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fp4qsng7eslrg0g/AABIZUGK8QTOjtATjoBnQqhMa?dl=0

script:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\\\util\MeGUI-2913-64\tools\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
    V=LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\\\DVB-T\TS cut\MKV\Il cacciatore di squali - cut_track1_[und].mkv")

# SAR 12:11

V=V.AssumeFPS(25)
    V=V.QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven()
    V=V.crop(22, 4, -14, 0)

#InpaintLoc(Loc="596,484,-28,-44") # logo borders
    #InpaintLoc(Loc="576,464,-8,-24") # +20px
    #InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\\\\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Automask=1, Loc="576,464,-8,-24", Analyze=2)
    #InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\\\\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="576,464,-8,-24", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend")

A=Trim(V,0,44) # logo still visible on frame 44
    B=Trim(V,45,0).InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\\\\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="576,464,-8,-24", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend")

F=A++B

Return F#.SelectRangeEvery(800,20)
    Prefetch(7)
    Last edited by maudit; 7th Dec 2022 at 07:36.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The video is progressive but switches occasionally between in-phase (the two fields come from the same progressive frame) and out-of-phase (the two fields come from adjacent progressive frames, but the missing fields are in the adjacent video frames). You can fix that with TFM() (part of the TIVTC package). That will leave you with occasional duplicate frames -- about every 77 frames, but I saw segments of 60 to 86 frames between duplicates. That can be fixed pretty well with TDecimate(Cycle=77, CycleR=1) (remove 1 duplicate out of every 77 frames). That leaves you with an odd frame rate of 49.351 though. And there are small comb artifacts left ins some frames. Those can be blurred away with vInverse().
    Last edited by jagabo; 7th Dec 2022 at 06:44.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The video is progressive but switches occasionally between in-phase (the two fields come from the same progressive frame) and out-of-phase (the two fields come from adjacent progressive frames, but the missing fields are in the adjacent video frames). You can fix that with TFM() (part of the TIVTC package). That will leave you with occasional duplicate frames -- about every 77 frames, but I saw segments of 60 to 86 frames between duplicates. That can be fixed pretty well with TDecimate(Cycle=77, CycleR=1) (remove 1 duplicate out of every 77 frames). That leaves you with an odd frame rate of 49.351 though. And there are small comb artifacts left ins some frames. Those can be blurred away with vInverse().
    wow, it looks like much more complicated than what I tought.
    ok, let's see if I'm able to write it down, but I doubt.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Probably not worth the effort.
    Additionally, you got some scenes with multiple halos,..
    - SpotLess/KillerSpot and similar can help with the dirt (especially in the intro)
    - MCTemoralDenoise, mClean and other filters can help in some scenes, but are way to strong for other scenes.
    Unless you plan to do a scene-by-scene filtering, or want to play around to learn some filters, I would recommend to look for an alternative source.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Probably not worth the effort.
    I would recommend to look for an alternative source.
    there's no better sources out there..
    well.. a dvd exist in a collection called The_Grindhouse_Experience:_Volume_2
    https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/The_Grindhouse_Experience:_Volume_2

but I have no access on it, so I have to use this DVB-T for the moment.
    I only want a not too much complicated series of commands that can produce a better result compared to the already existing rip,
    which has logo and it's resized.

existing rip, 20 min sample:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0t3gbwth6hiqf1/Il%20cacciatore%20di%20squali%20-%20rete4%20...ample.mkv?dl=0
    Last edited by maudit; 7th Dec 2022 at 14:25.
    Quote Quote  
  6. but I have no access on it, so I have to use this DVB-T for the moment.
    I only want a not too much complicated series of commands that can produce a better result compared to the already existing rip,
    which has logo and duplicated frames.
    QTGMC(Preset="Fast").SelectEven().SpotLess().mClea n() might look better on most scenes, but will kill quite a lot of details in others.
    => unless you plan on filtering scene-by-scene you will always lose quite a bit with such a source.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  7. Oops, the frame rate is ~25, not ~50. LWlibavVideoSource() was doubling the frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    but I have no access on it, so I have to use this DVB-T for the moment.
    which has logo and duplicated frames.
    QTGMC(Preset="Fast").SelectEven().SpotLess().mClea n() might look better on most scenes, but will kill quite a lot of details in others.
    => unless you plan on filtering scene-by-scene you will always lose quite a bit with such a source.

ok, I now see that the problematic part start from the frame 0 to the frame 10902 only
    so I think I can filter scene-by-scene.,.

at 1st, I now try split them.

edit: no wait, nevermind,,, it's too long to do...
    and SpotLess is not a command it says-
    jesus!

Code:
    A=Trim(V,0,89)
    B=Trim(V,90,179)
    C=Trim(V,180,258)
    D=Trim(V,259,357)
    E=Trim(V,358,469)
    F=Trim(V,470,583)
    G=Trim(V,584,726)
    H=Trim(V,727,859)
    I=Trim(V,860,989)
    L=Trim(V,990,1107)

maybe I can split the movie in 2, applying a filter for the first 10902 frames only-.
    Last edited by maudit; 7th Dec 2022 at 08:08.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\antip\Desktop\util\MeGUI-2913-64\tools\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
    V=LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\MKV\Il cacciatore di squali - cut_track1_[und].mkv")

V=V.AssumeFPS(25)
    V=V.crop(24, 4, -12, 0)

#V=V.InpaintLoc(Loc="594,484,-30,-44") # logo borders
    #V=V.InpaintLoc(Loc="574,464,-10,-24") # +20px
    #V=V.InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Automask=1, Loc="574,464,-10,-24", Analyze=2)
    #V=V.InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="574,464,-10,-24", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend")

A=Trim(V,0,43)
    B=Trim(V,44,44).InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="576,464,-8,-24", Analyze=2, Mode="Inpaint")
    C=Trim(V,45,10902).InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="576,464,-8,-24", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend")
    D=Trim(V,10903,0).InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="576,464,-8,-24", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend")

ABC=A++B++C
    ABC=ABC.QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven()
    D=D.QTGMC(Preset="Slower", InputType=2, ProgSADMask=0.0)

F=ABC++D

Return F#.SelectRangeEvery(800,20)
    Prefetch(7)

.SpotLess() # not recognized as a command.
    .mClean() # it seems to me, it removes a lot of details.

isn't QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven() enough?
    or better TFM().etc.., I still have to understand..

I'm going with the script above, if no other hints..
    modified crop.
    mask files updated..
    Last edited by maudit; 7th Dec 2022 at 13:13.
    Quote Quote  
  10. From this page (a good resource whenever you run into a missing AviSynth filter):

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/External_filters

you can find a link to Spotless:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=181777

Regarding TFM vs QTGMC, use whichever looks better to you. Generally, TFM causes essentially no damage. But your video is in such poor condition you may prefer the extra cleanup performed by QTGMC.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I think I'm gonna remove the inpaintdelogo parts, in many scene changes there's a lot of logo artifacts I didn't notice before.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/optv73qw1a0wn84/AAB72PM7oUjaLTQAncDHv_ypa?dl=0

ah no,, wait.nvm. those issues can be fixed by moving QTGMC before the inpaint..
    i'm gonna rewrite the script.

done:
    i think this will works good enoguh.
    if it can be written more synthetically, I accept suggestions.

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\antip\Desktop\util\MeGUI-2913-64\tools\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
    V=LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\MKV\Il cacciatore di squali - cut_track1_[und].mkv")

V=V.AssumeFPS(25)
    V=V.crop(24, 4, -12, 0)

#V=V.InpaintLoc(Loc="594,484,-30,-44") # logo borders
    #V=V.InpaintLoc(Loc="574,464,-10,-24") # +20px
    #V=V.InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Automask=1, Loc="574,464,-10,-24", Analyze=2)
    #V=V.InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="574,464,-10,-24", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend")

A=Trim(V,0,10902).QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven()
    B=Trim(V,10903,0).QTGMC(Preset="Slower", InputType=2, ProgSADMask=0.0)

AB=A+B

X=Trim(AB,0,43)
    Y=Trim(AB,44,44).InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="576,464,-8,-24", Analyze=2, Mode="Inpaint")
    Z=Trim(AB,45,0).InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il cacciatore di squali (G. Castellari, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="576,464,-8,-24", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend")

XYZ=X++Y++Z

Return XYZ
    Prefetch(7)
    Last edited by maudit; 7th Dec 2022 at 19:46.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi !
    There is a 360p version of the movie on a very famous and popular video sharing website...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Hunk91 View Post
    Hi !
    There is a 360p version of the movie on a very famous and popular video sharing website...
    thx, 360p is quite low, anyway can you please pm it to me?
    Quote Quote  
  14. PM sent. I made a mistake, it is 480p not 360p.
    Best regards
    Quote Quote