VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have a problem with losslesscut und the merge command after splitting. Losslesscut splits the parts of a .ts-file correctly and saves them to the working directory, but it stops merging them with the error message:

An error has occurred.
    Command was killed with SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault): /snap/losslesscut/109/resources/ffprobe -of json -show_chapters -show_format -show_entries stream -i /home/user/Videos/20221202 1758 - ProSieben - taff-00.00.14.758-00.00.18.239-seg1.ts -hide_banner

I've tried the AppImage-version and the snap-store version of Losslesscut - both deliver the same issue.

If I choose the option just to create seperate files - everything works ok.

The error appears on both versions 3.48.2 and 3.46.2 and has maybe something to do with linux-kernel 6 or with a new system-installation a month ago, because it worked flawlessly months before.

Can anyone please give a hint what this error message means? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Ive used Losslesscut in both windows and ubuntu (appimage) and worked perfectly for my usage, have you tried using avidemux to join the files after losslesscut? open first file and then "append file" as many times as necessary, in the end select export/save and select copy audio/video.

try asking here:
    https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut/issues
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for your answer. I'm sure there are a lot of work-arounds, but they are uncomfortable in the end.

I'll ask the lossless-cut-forum for help. I assume the error has something to do with my system-installation, so I will try it on another linux distribution or will setup a new test environment with my OS.
    Last edited by helmut12; 4th Dec 2022 at 03:56.
    Quote Quote