VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Years ago I converted all my dts audio files to ogg just to be able to tag them. That was many years ago and so I'm wondering if a way to tag these files is possible yet. Tried putting them in mka/mkv container, m4a with no success. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Foobar2000 will read and write Matroska (mka/mkv) tags. It'll also save APEv2 tags to DTS files.

Mp3tag will read and write Matroska tags but it doesn't seem to play with DTS files (although I'm probably using a somewhat old version).

I assume DTS headers don't contain duration information as foobar2000 doesn't display the correct duration for DTS files, or maybe no duration at all, but I don't have one handy to check. If you put them in an mka/mkv container it does.
    Apparently the latest foobar2000 version 2 beta will decode DTS files "out of the box". I haven't played with it yet, but for foobar2000 1.6 you'll need one of these components for DTS decoding.

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_dts
    https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for a way to tag a dts file (with wav extension if necessary) that Kodi will read. As of now I have dts full albums that are one wav file that I created a cue sheet for that Kodi reads fine but I have some dts files that were ripped from a dts cd that are not complete albums and the only way I could find that Kodi will read the tag is if i created a cue sheet or every individual file.

Like I mentioned in the first post, I tried putting them in an mka container and an m4a container but Kodi will not read them.
    Hard to believe after so many years there still is no way to do this.
    Last edited by smackyourfupa; 6th Dec 2022 at 04:22.
    Quote Quote