VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is chrome more a spyware than other browsers? i know they are all tracking but is chrome worse?
    Quote Quote  
  2. David Banner: I have been using it to do my Online Banking on my Windows 7 computer. I have no addons installed on Chrome. I clear my browser history and launch an icognito window. Then I hope for the best. Hopefully it keeps going well.

I know one thing Chrome better not make you angry or a big green muscular guy will burst on the scene.

On my new Windows 11 mini desktop computer I have Nod32 Premium Security and it has a secured browser app for doing banking on. I haven't tried it yet as I am a bit trepadacious.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
    Is chrome more a spyware than other browsers? i know they are all tracking but is chrome worse?
    Chrome collects quite a bit of information about its users. So does Microsoft Edge. DuckDuckGo, FireFox, and Opera offer more privacy than Chrome or Edge.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
    Is chrome more a spyware than other browsers? i know they are all tracking but is chrome worse?
    Chrome collects quite a bit of information about its users. So does Microsoft Edge. DuckDuckGo, FireFox, and Opera offer more privacy than Chrome or Edge.
    I will give this some thought. I have Videodownloadhelper and a pop up blocker installed on Firefox and Waterfox. I got to thinking they could be collecting information. Thank you for your response to the original poster. I am learning as well from you and others post. I want to do more over on the Windows 11 computer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    David Banner: I have been using it to do my Online Banking on my Windows 7 computer. I have no addons installed on Chrome. I clear my browser history and launch an icognito window. Then I hope for the best. Hopefully it keeps going well.

I know one thing Chrome better not make you angry or a big green muscular guy will burst on the scene.

On my new Windows 11 mini desktop computer I have Nod32 Premium Security and it has a secured browser app for doing banking on. I haven't tried it yet as I am a bit trepadacious.
    cant be any worse than any of the rest so. I only want it to stream, the others will not show the m3u8 links etc

When it is closed does it still call home? Your big green muscular guy comment noted
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I run Malwarebytes Premium and use CCleaner regularly. Sometime I might also run manually PeerBlock for critical sites like banking etc.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see the point of using Chrome unless you connect to your Google account. Chrome always face bugs trying to visit some sites, unlike other browsers.

I have multiple browsers for a reason, and prefer Firefox and Brave to Chrome.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. I normally use Firefox but sometimes it can be a little over-enthusiastic about security and block legitimate connections. My second 'go to' browser is Vivaldi which seems to meet all requirements and is highly configurable. Its worth checking out and I should point out I have absolutely no connection with the developers or any commercial interest in it.

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Most of the web is 'spyware'. If you expect people to spend $$$ to develop and host web sites and are unwilling to pay for the content (which covers almost everything except streaming media), how are they supposed to pay for their web sites?

I think it was Jaron Lanier who said that virtual reality was the only thing you could go to Silicon Valley and raise a bunch of startup cash without promising to spy on everyone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should realize that all browsers are watching you (except duckduckgo but it's still quite 'raw').
    This is an in-built feature needed for an advertising campaign. Especially your actions in Chrome are clearly visible on social networks such as Facebook and its "relatives".

Have you noticed that they start recommending freezers as soon as you accidentally click on the freezer tab?
    Front-End Developer, gamer, football player, and just a good guy!
    Website is here. Welcome
    Quote Quote  
  11. You should realize that all browsers are watching you (except duckduckgo but it's still quite 'raw').
    you do realise duckduckgo is a search engine and it differs from lets say chrome or firefox
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    You should realize that all browsers are watching you (except duckduckgo but it's still quite 'raw').
    you do realise duckduckgo is a search engine and it differs from lets say chrome or firefox
    They've got a browser for ios and Android.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    You are right. These systems are very different. However, the question from the user was about security
    Website is here. Welcome
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I really hope that in nearest future duckduckgo will be better. They have good ideas
    Website is here. Welcome
    Quote Quote  
  15. Google Chrome is often considered to be more of a spyware than other web browsers as it is owned by Google, a company notoriously known for collecting vast amounts of data on their users and using it for marketing purposes.
    Quote Quote  
  16. no person should use chrome. especially with the ad-block-blocking they are planning to implement
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    no person should use chrome. especially with the ad-block-blocking they are planning to implement
    Agreed.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/02/googles-privacy-sandbox-advertising-system-arr...droid-in-beta/
    Quote Quote  
  18. I think duckduckgo and Bing will soon change the idea of search engines dramatically.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    no person should use chrome. especially with the ad-block-blocking they are planning to implement
    Agreed.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/02/googles-privacy-sandbox-advertising-system-arr...droid-in-beta/
    good thing i am still using an old android 9 device, with all google stuff disabled.
    Quote Quote