VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have an old Android device running on 6.0 Marshmallow, and from what I can gather you need versions 7-12 to successfully dump keys. If I flash a custom ROM on this device, and put on LineageOS with 7.0 Nougat or similar, can it then be used as a functioning CDM? Or do you need official ROM to properly do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've used... aftermarket ROMs... to get some of my older phones up to scratch and haven't had any problems. Just note that the build fingerprint of the ROM you dumped it with appears in the dumped client_id.bin - if you're using the CDM on a site that monitors requests (which doesn't seem to be most of them), then it can be really obvious in some cases the CDM wasn't dumped from a phone running an official stock ROM.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by AbortRetryFail View Post
    I've used... aftermarket ROMs... to get some of my older phones up to scratch and haven't had any problems. Just note that the build fingerprint of the ROM you dumped it with appears in the dumped client_id.bin - if you're using the CDM on a site that monitors requests (which doesn't seem to be most of them), then it can be really obvious in some cases the CDM wasn't dumped from a phone running an official stock ROM.
    Oh, I hadn't considered that at all. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the info!

And if anyone else is curious, this worked really well. Flashed the ROM up to 7.1 and used Dumper, and now I have a fresh CDM
    Quote Quote