VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I have an old Mac Pro 1,1 that has been modified to run OS 10.11.6 and I am running DVDSP 4.2.2.

I have run this program without issue for 15 years.

Until yesterday.

Now, abruptly, I cannot click and drag any of my menu buttons or text. Or will will work VERY intermittently (Like every 20th try). There is nothing really on the Mac Forum about this save for one guy who had the same problem that no one was able to answer. I can select buttons and move them with the arrows, but not at all with the mouse, and so the guide lines do not work either as a result.

So...How do I fix this? It just abruptly stopped working. There has to be a solution to this that isn't get an up to date computer and software I would hope.

I do have a backup drive in an enclosure that I have not tried yet, but I would rather fix it here if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jabbo5150 View Post
    So I have an old Mac Pro 1,1 that has been modified to run OS 10.11.6 and I am running DVDSP 4.2.2.

I have run this program without issue for 15 years.

Until yesterday.

Now, abruptly, I cannot click and drag any of my menu buttons or text. Or will will work VERY intermittently (Like every 20th try). There is nothing really on the Mac Forum about this save for one guy who had the same problem that no one was able to answer. I can select buttons and move them with the arrows, but not at all with the mouse, and so the guide lines do not work either as a result.

So...How do I fix this? It just abruptly stopped working. There has to be a solution to this that isn't get an up to date computer and software I would hope.

I do have a backup drive in an enclosure that I have not tried yet, but I would rather fix it here if possible.
    try rebooting your computer or resetting your preferences - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2697387
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I rebooted numerous times and that thread was referring to FCP preferences issues. This is a DVDSP issue though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is that OS on a hard drive?
    Did you scan for bad sectors yet?

I'd be inclined to uninstall it, and reinstall. I ran into something similar almost 20 years ago, with Mac and DVDSP.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have not. We did have a power surge recently that made things act goofy for a while but all is back to normal in that regard.i redud the pernissions and unclicked auto assign buttons and it sort of worked. Not every time though. Can that even be reinstalled on el capitan though? I would hate to reinstall the whole fcp suite
    Quote Quote