VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone who needs office professional plus 2021 it's on sale for around $39.99,doesn't have an expiration date and is for one user,just bought it myself.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. office professional plus 2021 it's on sale for around $39.99

edit :

https://turnkeypoint.com/product/office-2021-professional-plus-for-windows/

I do not think that this is a legitimate enterprise.
    Last edited by jack_666; 21st Nov 2022 at 21:45.
    Quote Quote  
  3. <removed>
    Last edited by HemLok; 22nd Nov 2022 at 21:50.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I bought it directly from microsoft,not some backwords site.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't found a Microsoft webpage with this offer. Third party sites seem to have similar deals but some comments have said something to the effect as

"They are selling Office Professional Plus 2021, which is a volume licence version and is being sold in contravention of the Microsoft licence. It may work for a long time or a short time, but at some point Microsoft will disable it."

If it can bought directly from Microsoft, I would be interested. If not then this may not be legit for the long term.

Does anybody have a direct Microsoft link?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I got the sales link from gamesfaqs and the payment sent to microsoft.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Was it this?
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2021-for-windows

StackSocial is a legit site, I've used it before. Most recently, I bought more AdGuard mobile keys there.

All of the FUD comments shouting "scam" are frankly left by idiots that don't understand what is going on here. A lot of the commenters are just pissed they were not able to stack coupons to get it even cheaper. From some comments I read online, that exact package doesn't sell well at the full MSRP, and was an OEM product. But it doesn't mean it uses VLKs that will be revoked.

Woot! (Amazon), GAOTD upsells, and some others, have had this sort of deal before.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 22nd Nov 2022 at 23:06.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    you do realize that there are certain tools and scripts now that can activate any versions of MS OFFICE and windows , without even any login to microsoft account or installing any crack softwares, directly activation of the oem installations of office is also possible, that too with fresh machine id that is unique to your machine. So if someone just want to use it for their personal pc, spending even 10$ is, you know. Dont know about scam comments lol, but ive been using every office updates since 2019 without paying shit XD.

ps. please dont get offended anyone
    Last edited by helloImNoob; 23rd Nov 2022 at 05:02.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Was it this?
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2021-for-windows

StackSocial is a legit site, I've used it before. Most recently, I bought more AdGuard mobile keys there.

All of the FUD comments shouting "scam" are frankly left by idiots that don't understand what is going on here. A lot of the commenters are just pissed they were not able to stack coupons to get it even cheaper. From some comments I read online, that exact package doesn't sell well at the full MSRP, and was an OEM product. But it doesn't mean it uses VLKs that will be revoked.

Woot! (Amazon), GAOTD upsells, and some others, have had this sort of deal before.
    Agreed. The link I originally posted was StackSocial as the merchant.

johns0, it was nice that you let people know about a sale but your post was vague and left people hanging without an actual link. I searched and never did find anywhere that Microsoft was directly selling Office on sale. I did find it on sale elsewhere, however.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't want people to think i was giving any site added attention for advertising.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Just wondering. Can this suite be used without an internet connection?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Was it this?

I just bought Office Professional Plus from the link above. I had to sign into my Microsoft account to download the software. (The Microsoft site was very busy today but eventually, I succeeded in signing in.) After I completed signing in, Microsoft accepted the key and my software is currently downloading.

[Edit] Office Professional Plus finished downloading and the installation was successful. I have only tried using Word offline but it worked. I haven't had a copy of Office for a long time, so I can't say what features within the various Office apps are currently dependent upon Internet access.

[Edit 2]It turns out that Office Professional Plus is supposedly sold only via volume licensing. If that is true, it means my copy may be disabled at some point and is worth just about what I paid for it.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Nov 2022 at 16:07.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Moralez View Post
    Just wondering. Can this suite be used without an internet connection?
    My question as well. For most software, I firewall unnecessary internet traffic. Something like Word or Excel has zero reason to connect online.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On 15 Oct, I bought Office Professional Plus 2021 from www.lizenzdoc.de for €2.90 (two euros and ninety cents). I don't remember where I saw the ad.

Needless to say, at first I thought it was a scam or some way to get my credit card or other info, but then I noticed I had the option to use AmazonPay for my purchase, which - I think - is safe.

I took the plunge, being very careful to observe the URIs of the links to which I was taken. I had used AmazonPay several times in the past and became convinced that everything was legit in regard to the payment.

My payment went through immediately, and within a couple of minutes, I had the download link and a key for a one-time installation.

To be honest, I was a bit suspicious about the download links, which led to "ionos.com". I looked at the site, but it appeared trustworthy, so I went ahead and downloaded the 64-bit English version. The download was a 3.4mb zip file.

I unzipped it and checked the contents with VirusTotal. Everything was OK, so I clicked setup, and in a few minutes, MS Office Professional Plus 2021 was installed on my Intel NUC10i3.

The download instructions described the activation process, but I wasn't able to get it to work - for whatever reason it appeared I was typing in the wrong numbers. It was a Saturday night just before midnight, so I figured I was screwed, but then I noticed the possibility to activate via phone.

I had gone this far and figured I had nothing left to lose, so I dialed the number. A person who identified herself as "Microsoft" answered, and together we slogged through the long process that involved typing in strings of a million or so numbers.

All along I kept expecting her to say that my version of Office was illegal or whatever, but she didn't, and when the process was finally finished, I had an activated version of MS Office Professional Plus 2021 .

I rarely every use Office, and certainly not Outlook, so I then set out to see how I could uninstall, or at least disable, the components I didn't want or need. This took another hour or so, but I got it done without wrecking my activation or the the suite itself.

I still haven't really tested everything, but from what I'm able to see, Word and PowerPoint - the only two Office components I ever use - function OK.

End of story.
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Got my MS Office Pro from StackSocial yesterday. The download and install went well except for one program that I did not get. (Access) I did receive a email that one or more downloads did not finish but I could not figure out how to fix that issue. All the Office programs included except Access seemed to be OK.
    Note that that website has a lot of scripts (24) running in the background and who knows if any of them are bad. I had used NoScript to block the scripts but the site would not run correctly so I had to enable all scripts to download the MS Office Pro.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  16. When I made my Office purchase I received the serial number that I then had to activate via my Microsoft account. Once that was done Microsoft provided the software installers and/or image files.

That said, here are direct download links from Microsoft for Office 2021 image files: https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/16-office-2021-direct-download-links.
    Last edited by HemLok; 28th Nov 2022 at 13:46.
    Quote Quote