VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Freelance scientist Chemist116's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I am trying to find a capture device which allows recording and streaming without connection to PC.

After some browsing I found that Avermedia EZRecorder 330 has all the characteristics that I need. In fact I like that allows storage in external devices like hard drives.

It also comes with connection for legacy devices like example in this video.

But I cannot find this on sale in Amazon neither on Newegg. Does this means that is it for European market or something?.

I know there is Hauppauge HD PVR Pro 60 which apparently does the same. But I cannot tell if it allows storage also in external hard drives.

I really don't know much about capturing devices so I really need someone who knows better and suggest me some models which can meet my criteria and can be bought online. Therefore, can someone help me please?.

By the way, speaking of resolution. I am fine with 1080p at 60fps. It would be nice if the device is portable and working with 220v.
    Last edited by Chemist116; 18th Nov 2022 at 22:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The device is on ebay.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Freelance scientist Chemist116's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    The device is on ebay.
    I know that it can be bought on ebay but my question still stands. In fact I don't trust much sellers on ebay. There is also available on Amazon Spain. But I don't know why Avermedia doesn't sell or show up the unit in their US site?. I think maybe this product is for european market or something.

Does it exist some possible equivalent devices which can be bought from let's say Newegg?.

Doing some research on my own I found this portable capture from Avermedia GC513 Live gamer portable 2 plus and its on Amazon. It has one of my requirements that is pc free, but it looks that only has a micro SD slot for that functionality and I was looking for the option to save on external hard drives. Also reviews are kind of mixed.

Then there's another thing which I don't understand well. Some cards support UVC others do not. Is this important?. How does it affect recording quality or something?. It would be nice if somebody explain this to me as well.

The intended application is multi use. I mean I would like to use it to record my work on computer but also from other devices like cameras and a tv box. This is why I mentioned the model Ezrecorder 330 because it appears to fit the job well. But I don't know what other devices could do that too. Can someone help me please?.
    Quote Quote