VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is the syntax i use:

Code:
    -c:v libx265 -crf:v 24 -tune:v animation -x265-params "aq-mode=3:aq-strength=0.65:bframes=4:keyint=240:min-keyint=24"
    However, in the result the subtitle font and size change:

It's the same scene but the subs on the encoded video are a different font that is more slender and the size is bigger.

How can i change the syntax so i keep the exact same subtitle style, font and size when encoding files to x265?

Actually, FFMPEG rarely keeps my subs style when encoding a video, how can i tell FFMPEG to keep the EXACT same style in the result?
    Last edited by Unknown01; 13th Nov 2022 at 17:17.
    Quote Quote  
  2. This has nothing to do with the encoder.
    Your subtitle seems to be an ass subtitle.
    If you open it with a text editor, you will find the resolution at the top (e.g. 1280x720).
    Check if this is the same as the resolution of your movie.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    If you open it with a text editor, you will find the resolution at the top (e.g. 1280x720).
    Check if this is the same as the resolution of your movie.
    It is the same:

I noticed when used mkvextract that the NOT-encoded video had attachments related to the subtitles, while the encoded video had none, i think that FFMPEG just ignores/removes the attachments causing a different result in the subs style:

Quote Quote  
  4. The Roboto-Medium TFF Font isn't installed on your computer.
    So it must be added to the videofile or installed on your Windows System.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    The Roboto-Medium TFF Font isn't installed on your computer.
    So it must be added to the videofile or installed on your Windows System.
    I see, is there a way to make FFMPEG add it to the video file?

I want to make sure the video will have that font everywhere, not just on my PC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Remux your source video with the new created hevc videostream, deselecting the old one, with MkvToolNix.
    If you need mp4, you could try to remux the created mkv to mp4 with clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Maybe "-map 0" ?
    Quote Quote