VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to move a clip up or down into another channel at right the exact position. It is a position off the grid between 2 frames, and with the grid enabled, it does not snap it. Same thing with snapping disabled.

When I try to move it, with snapping enabled it shows an orange line, as if it would be placed there:

but it snaps into the line of the position of the video you are at:

Anyone knows how does this work? i've been using this software for years, and I don't know how to do this, so I literally put my finger in the screen where the orange line is and then move the clip there.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sort of change your habits, use markers(bookmarks):
    If zoomed out, it will snap to your current cursor position if it is really close, vegas things that's the place to drop it. So double click a clip, Cursor will jump right to your clip/event edge and then you can precisely move it up. If you need to keep a track of that previous position, just store it pressing "M", it will create a marker, then just clicking on that marker's flag later your cursor would jump back there. Or there might be other ways.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Sort of change your habits, use markers(bookmarks):
    If zoomed out, it will snap to your current cursor position if it is really close, vegas things that's the place to drop it. So double click a clip, Cursor will jump right to your clip/event edge and then you can precisely move it up. If you need to keep a track of that previous position, just store it pressing "M", it will create a marker, then just clicking on that marker's flag later your cursor would jump back there. Or there might be other ways.
    Doesn't work because the position I want to move it into is inbetween 2 frames.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    There are fixed snap points for a video track depending on the event and project frame rate. Audio track can be positioned pretty much anywhere. Have you changed frame rate on your project? This can cause misalignment, and the snap point will shift.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Not sure what you do, I can move it couple of frames as I described. Did you try using those markers?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Make sure you have quantize to frames turned off (alt+F8 to toggle on/off)
    Quote Quote