VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am French and my written English is not good enough, please note that the text below has been translated from French to English using Google Translate.

I recorded on my TV the film "Reason and feelings". The result is a .ts file. When I play this file on my PC with VLC or with Media Player Classic Home Cinema, I can do it without difficulty either in French version, or in original version (English) with French subtitles of course.

From this file I want to create a DVD-VIDEO to be able to watch it on a home player, either in French version, or in original version with subtitles.

I tried to do this work with DVD Styler but without success because I stumble on the choice of the audio track and on the subtitle track.

To start I had to convert my .ts file to .mkv because DVD Styler does not accept .ts files then I imported it into DVD Styler. I set the properties like this:

[Attachment 67504 - Click to enlarge]

then I created a button but in the properties of this button, a warning appears to choose the audio track (Please use titleset menu to select audio tracks) and that of the subtitles (Please use titleset menu to select subtitles tracks):

[Attachment 67506 - Click to enlarge]

I must have done something wrong and I don't understand what to do. Can you help me ?

Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had created two keys for two different languages or do you want only one selection key?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Your source file has 6 streams, one videostream, 3 eac3 audiostreams, 2 subtitle streams.
    you have also added a third subtitle (srt).
    Not all options can be selected with one button.
    If you want to use only one button, then you have to use only one stream per type in the title set (i.e. 1 video, one audio and one subtitle stream), not 7.

Btw: Why so much work for a DVD that is little used today?
    Last edited by ProWo; 10th Nov 2022 at 12:39.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Thanks to both of you for answering me.

While waiting to receive an answer to my question, I kept looking for a solution and finally found it here => https://sourceforge.net/p/dvdstyler/discussion/318795/thread/6b4fa077/

It was necessary :
    - to copy-paste the VMGM main menu and put it in "root"
    - to create two buttons (button 1: French audio / no subtitles - button 2: English audio / French subtitles)
    - to delete the VMGM menu.

I was able to reproduce this procedure and it works perfectly!

ProWo: to answer your question, the DVD is for a friend who is an elderly person who doesn't have internet or even a computer (and doesn't want one!)

Bye!
    Quote Quote