VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings all,

I bought two of these venerable Blu-Ray players recently. The one works very well. The other has problems. (I didn't pay much for either of them.)

My question is this: How do I know or find out what version the software is? I would assume one would have to know that in order to even consider mods.

These are both Canadian units, and I am playing with the idea of converting one to Region-free.

However, I need to get to the 1st step in the process.

Along with this, I would like to know if there is a way to get a player back to factory settings?

Thank you for your assistance.

Dave from Canada.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dave3jx View Post
    Greetings all,

I bought two of these venerable Blu-Ray players recently. The one works very well. The other has problems. (I didn't pay much for either of them.)

My question is this: How do I know or find out what version the software is? I would assume one would have to know that in order to even consider mods.

These are both Canadian units, and I am playing with the idea of converting one to Region-free.

However, I need to get to the 1st step in the process.

Along with this, I would like to know if there is a way to get a player back to factory settings?

Thank you for your assistance.

Dave from Canada.
    see the pdf user manual here - https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/BD-P1600/XAA/
    page 57 system information.

to reset the unit back to factory default settings, hold the FF button on the front of the player for 5 seconds.
    Last edited by october262; 1st Nov 2022 at 14:57.
    Quote Quote