VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I would like to create a VTT file from ffmpeg to create a thumbnail tooltip for JW Player.
    So far I found this 8 years old answer to be quite reliable https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20022006/generate-all-the-files-vtt-sprite-for-the...options-of-jwp

There are some problems though:
    - He doesn't explain how to generate the VTT file at the end (6.), how do I do it with ffmpeg?
    - It would be possible to blend all these different operation in a single bash command eventually, to do this process for all multiple files inside a folder? How?
    - His python script gives me syntax error and also not much clear to me how to use it. If possible I would like to use bash script on Windows with cygwin or Powershell to automate this operation

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The easiest way is to open a text editor and simply enter the desired entries in the following format and then save it as .txt.
    WEBVTT

00:00:49.880 --> 00:00:52.970
    Check, please.

00:00:53.090 --> 00:00:55.260
    Look, Daddy, a volcano.

00:00:55.380 --> 00:00:57.470
    It's very pretty.

00:00:57.510 --> 00:00:59.640
    All right. We're going. Mommy's waiting.

00:00:59.720 --> 00:01:01.720
    Daddy, please. Just one more minute.
    After that you simply rename the text file extension from .txt to .vtt.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is there a way to do it with a software? As said I do not need it for subtitles but for thumbnails. Getting the coordinate over an image, I don't even know where to start manually...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Okay all working. Do you know if I can also save images in .webp? with this software
    Last edited by giggioman00; 31st Oct 2022 at 09:03.
    Quote Quote  
  5. How do I save the vtt with a custom filename instead of the input.mp4 filename? -o is only a suffix
    Quote Quote