VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Today I tried using Pazera to convert an MKV file into an Mp4 file. Finally after my 2nd try it did convert the MKV to Mp4 BUT it created 21 separate little files out of the one MKV file. I suppose this would be the equivalent of many chapters in a movie. I would like to know how to simply create ONE Mp4 file out of one MKV file? At this rate putting all the separate mp4 files onto a thumbstick to watch a movie would create havoc for the thumbstick to play back all little files in order. I need ONE Mp4 file not 21 little ones. Is this normal for Pazera to do or did I do something wrong? All I wanted was one Mp4 file converted from the one MKV file. It did convert but it made 21 mini Mp4 chapter files instead of one nice Mp4 file. Anyone know what I did wrong? And I'm not a techie, so could you Keep it simple stupid (meaning me) please. Thank you.
    Last edited by LeeR; 27th Oct 2022 at 19:18.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    What is Pazera? Never heard of such an exotic tool... Maybe you should first have asked which tool we would recommend to achieve your desired conversion. Then we would have suggested some we know because we already used them. So I can only guess that you accidentally left an option checked you did not want. But I don't know, because I have never seen its user interface and don't know which option your tool offers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    What is Pazera? Never heard of such an exotic tool... Maybe you should first have asked which tool we would recommend to achieve your desired conversion. Then we would have suggested some we know because we already used them. So I can only guess that you accidentally left an option checked you did not want. But I don't know, because I have never seen its user interface and don't know which option your tool offers.

Their Audio converter extractor is quite good, Ive used it where everything else has failed.
    They do have a video to MP4 converter https://www.pazera-software.com/products/mp4-converter/ although I would never need it as I only use MKV files for my Zidoo UHD3000 media player. MKV appears to handle navigation better and you can load into MKV files many different subtitle and audio tracks etc. My guess it's a simple set up error by the OP.

OP probably ticked a box to make separate titles based on time or chapters or size etc.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To LigH, As to why I used Pazera, I first used VLC to convert MKV to Mp4, that worked EXCEPT there was no audio at all, complete mute. So then I searched for another converter to do the job, Pazera was what I found and it sounded good. I am not an expert at this tech thing, so I just searched for a converter and Pazera sounded like a good choice since my VLC did not bring in the audio. As to asking someone before I leaped, I just joined this forum now to ask this question, I didn't know it existed before.

As to what I should do next, I still don't have an answer. I appreciate netmask view, though it was more tech related than I am able to understand. I did read that Pazera was a good converter too, that's why I thought it would be a good choice.
    Now, what can I do to fix this, is there a way to meld all these little chapter Mp4 files into one file like it should have been? Is this OP thing you speak of whatever that is, is there a way I can fix it with that? Should I just try again with yet another converter?
    Quote Quote  
  5. You may be able to convert your mkv to an mp4 without doing any recoding.
    Download clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Extract the file where you want and run clever FFmpeg GUI.exe. Follow exactly the instructions at the first start.
    Then load your mkv, click main, click multiplex, choose mp4 as container and click multiplex.

[Attachment 67385 - Click to enlarge]

If the mp4 container can accept your streams, the result will be your desired mp4 video.
    If one or both streams are not accepted, the program will tell you the faulty codec.
    You can then recode the corresponding stream with clever FFmpeg GUI and mux it with the other streams to mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  6. just use ffmpeg or the gui from the post above
    Quote Quote  
  7. Many encoders have an option to limit file size. Instead of creating one large file they create several smaller segmented files. This option is available because of limitations in some device and file systems. For example, the old FAT file system had a maximum file size limit of 4 GiB. And in fact many programs could only handle 2 GiB.

So look for such an option in the software you are using.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As I suggested you need to look in options - I download the program and took a cursory look at the options available and one box "split files by chapters" is ticked by default. So anyone installing this program needs to untick that box if you don't want lots of individual files. It's a simple job to fix. Here are a couple of images for you.

[Attachment 67414 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	splitfiles.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	67415  

SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry it's been so long. I got so disgusted with everything I tried not working, I gave up for a while. Now I've just come back (11/8) and for the first time I believe the fog is clearing. Just today I went back onto that Pazera thing and I looked over the many different boxes you can check. And I did notice that one box that Netmask56 talked about here. That looked like a definite possibiliy to try out. Then later today I returned to this help forum and I now see Netmask56 talking about the very box I noticed and thought about earlier. Thank you Netmask 56, I'll try this out and hopefully this will be the answer. I read over each of all others suggestions here, and things just got too technical for me. I'm certainly not an expert, the old KISS theory works best, "Keep It Simple Stupid". So I will try out this latest idea about clicking that "split files" box. That did seem like a possiblity when I saw it. Now Netmask56 has confirmed this. So thank you to every one here, I appreciate all you've told me, even if some of it was over my head. I will try out this "split files" suggestion and see if that works.
    Thank you all.
    Quote Quote