VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. About 20 years ago I read in this forum how to change the firmware of my Panasonic DVD player to make it region free but it is about time I get a blu-ray player. I see this one being suggested online LG 4K Region Free Smart WiFi UHD 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray & DVD Player Multi Region 3D Dolby Vision HDR & 6Ft Dynastar HDMI Cable Bundle Model UBKM9 (Renewed) but 1) it is renewed (refurbished?) 2) there are few reviews and some are not good. So I wanted to appeal to the knowledgeable folks here, what would be the best Blu-ray Player that I could buy? Are they are always (renewed/refurbished) because the specs were changed to make them region free?
    Thanks for any help,
    Sergio
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sergio0p View Post
    About 20 years ago I read in this forum how to change the firmware of my Panasonic DVD player to make it region free but it is about time I get a blu-ray player. I see this one being suggested online LG 4K Region Free Smart WiFi UHD 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray & DVD Player Multi Region 3D Dolby Vision HDR & 6Ft Dynastar HDMI Cable Bundle Model UBKM9 (Renewed) but 1) it is renewed (refurbished?) 2) there are few reviews and some are not good. So I wanted to appeal to the knowledgeable folks here, what would be the best Blu-ray Player that I could buy? Are they are always (renewed/refurbished) because the specs were changed to make them region free?
    Thanks for any help,
    Sergio
    buy one from here - https://www.220-electronics.com/region-free-blu-ray-dvd.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased a Sony UBP-X800M2 from 220-Electronics I think via Amazon. Have it a couple of years now, no problem. My previous region free was another Sony model, died after several years.

I can connect an 8TB drive to it, but I had to make a lot of sub folders as there's a limit to how many files you can store in any one folder.
    It's important to also check out the types of files that can be played and what cannot be played, upper limits to data rates etc. Thats all assuming you don't only want to play B-Ray discs.
    Quote Quote