VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have never seen this on a Blu-Ray before that I can recall. I guess the video is VC-1. I have tried multiple programs to try to file index this, but nothing seems to work or know what it is.

I made the .m2ts into an MKV, but I cant file index the MKV either.

I tried FFVideoSource, and LWLibavVideoSource, to load the file directly without indexing, but it never works right. FFVideoSource loads and is nothing but a lot of corrupted looking blocks. LWLibavVideoSource loads, but you cant preview it properly. It's just repeating itself over and over and no frame is what it's supposed to be.

The .m2ts/mkv plays perfectly in my media players. I want to encode it with avisynth though. What do I do with this? How can I get to to work properly in AVSPmod or MeGui?
    Quote Quote  
  2. The best/most reliable method is DGSource(), if you have a NVidia card

LSmash and FFMS2 should work for VC-1 if you use a recent version . But they might still have problems with interlaced VC-1

DirectShowSource should work too as a last resort, if you ensure the windows decoder is being used. But be careful if you are using temporal filtering, as DSS not necessarily frame accurate. Linear encoding with spatial only filtering should work. DSS2 is frame accurate, but only for the frames it keeps. It tends to drop one or two frames at the end
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have an Nvidia card. I never tried, or seen DGsource yet. The one in the encoding computer is a bit older though. It was almost the best you could get at the time of building it. GTX 980. Not sure if that supports what you are referring to or not.

This is indeed interlaced VC-1 anime. I couldn't get the LSmash to work for it properly. I know all about directshowsource, and only ever use that as a last resort. I don't really care for it.

I found out I was trying to use an old 2012 version of ffms2. I was manually loading the January 2012 version in the wrong folder without realizing it. As soon as I went to the more recent one, all those corrupted looking blocks went away, and everything appears to work fine now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I know you got ffms2 to work but...

Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    This is indeed interlaced VC-1 anime. I couldn't get the LSmash to work for it properly.
    That may be a case where Preroll() will help.
    Quote Quote