VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I made some .ass subtitles a while back, but I put in so much positioning and different formatting/fonts all over the place.

I want to simplify it and make it with only one font and a couple positions.

Is there a way to easily remove all formatting, and positioning in the .ass subtitle file with Aegisub? I want it to have nothing positioned or stylized anymore, so I can go back and only change a couple pieces of text positioning only.

I really would like a faster method than going through every line one by one, and manually making changes and removals.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Export it to srt.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by zing269 View Post
    Export it to srt.
    I considered that, but it messes up a lot of the text that are at the same time spots but different on screen positions. It just throws them all together, and scrambles it up usually. Not only is it added time to export as srt, and then make them into .ass all over again, but then there's the go look for everything it scrambled together job added as well.

Aegisub doesn't have a simple remove all formatting/positioning option anywhere that I don't know about?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Originally Posted by zing269 View Post
    Export it to srt.
    I considered that, but it messes up a lot of the text that are at the same time spots but different on screen positions. It just throws them all together, and scrambles it up usually. Not only is it added time to export as srt, and then make them into .ass all over again, but then there's the go look for everything it scrambled together job added as well.

Aegisub doesn't have a simple remove all formatting/positioning option anywhere that I don't know about?

I think this may work - go to menu item Automation, select all lines and then go to bottom item on menu 'Strip tags' Save as .ass
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Originally Posted by zing269 View Post
    Export it to srt.

I think this may work - go to menu item Automation, select all lines and then go to bottom item on menu 'Strip tags' Save as .ass
    Thanks, that looks like it worked like a charm.

FINALLY!! Someone was able to give me pretty much what I wanted. I have been asking around in other places for a while with no luck or ideas from others. What you suggested did everything but get rid of all the fonts, which is an easy manual fix if there's no automated change everything to one font.
    Quote Quote