VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by geohei View Post
    I have a license.
    However I didn't update VRD for quite a while (running presently 6.62.6).
    Is there am archive where I can download all the versions?
    That's the last official version. There was a later beta release, for which there is a link posted earlier in this forum. As for an archive, Videoredo and all of its associated websites have gone. You may be able to find various versions on shareware websites, try videoredo + download in your preferred search engine. The videoredo website itself is archived on archive.org, where there are links to previous versions, however, the downloadable installers are all cropped at 1M by archive.org, so useless (the actual installer is about 58M for v.6).

Edit: The last official release was 6.62.6.833.
    Last edited by Marayong; 5th Feb 2024 at 02:41.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marayong View Post
    That's the last official version. ...
    Understood. Many thanks for quick reply!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was using videoredo once in the past and didn't find it useful or intuitive.
    virtualdub is still the king for professional video editors
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tuskacz
    For some things, possibly. But it can't smart-render. That's what VideoRedo is mainly for.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Originally Posted by Tuskacz
    But it can't smart-render. That's what VideoRedo is mainly for.
    And, the QuickStreamFix function which is invaluable ... and it appears, unique ...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by tuskacz View Post
    I was using videoredo once in the past and didn't find it useful or intuitive.
    VideoReDo is not a video editor but a lossless cutter with a few basic other options like adding chapters, container change, transcoding or making simple DVD. So no wonder that you didn't find it useful as you don't understand its purpose.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Solveig MM Splitter is similar to VRD but if memory serves no QFS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Marayong View Post
    Originally Posted by geohei View Post
    I have a license.
    However I didn't update VRD for quite a while (running presently 6.62.6).
    Is there am archive where I can download all the versions?
    That's the last official version. There was a later beta release, for which there is a link posted earlier in this forum. As for an archive, Videoredo and all of its associated websites have gone. You may be able to find various versions on shareware websites, try videoredo + download in your preferred search engine. The videoredo website itself is archived on archive.org, where there are links to previous versions, however, the downloadable installers are all cropped at 1M by archive.org, so useless (the actual installer is about 58M for v.6).

Edit: The last official release was 6.62.6.833.
    Which was the beta that included H265 editting?
    Quote Quote  
  9. v6.63.7.836 can edit h265 (hevc).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
    Which was the beta that included H265 editting?
    I don't use H.265 (aka hevc) myself, but according to the videoredo changelog it is supported in all v.6 releases, but not earlier ones (ie v.5 & below).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by groovyclam View Post
    You will also need to do the MANUAL activation procedure NOT the online activation procedure using the site at: https://www.videoredo.online/

Start your newly installed v6 and choose to activate it. It will want you to put in your username you purchased the key under and the activation key ( a long string of characters you would have been sent when you paid for the software ). Then click activate online, but it will fail, but offer an option to activate manually.

Goto the site: https://www.videoredo.online/ and put in the same activation information you did when you were trying to activate it online. Then click the ACTIVATE button on that website. It will then give you a new manual activation key. Copy that new key into the Video Redo v6 manual activation field in the app and click ativate or OK ( I don't remember which ) and the software should unlock.

Remember to keep this new MANUAL key somewhere safe for the next time you might need to install the software again.
    Thank you. I am having an issue hopefully someone can clarify:

I have VRD5 and VRD6 already installed, however thought it could be a GREAT idea to have the MANUAL keys saved for a rainy day.
    Hmm, it just occurred to me I wonder if the manual key only allows install on the same PC and not a new replacement PC ?

So I
    • created a system image
    • uninstalled VRD5 and VRD6 and rebooted
    • installed VRD5 ... but it somehow remembered it had been installed previously and activated itself so I never got the option to activatel manually
    • installed VRD6 ... but it somehow remembered it had been installed previously and activated itself so I never got the option to activate manually
    • Restored from the system image to ensure everything is as it was before

Hmm. How to obtain the MANUAL keys ?

Perhaps would it be possible to install VRD into a fresh Windows Sandbox VM and go through the manual registration process using my purchased key and name, then do the MANUAL activation to obtain a new MANUAL key ... and if so would that MANUAL key then work on my normal non-VM PC ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by hydra3333; 26th Feb 2024 at 00:39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh. That's torn it.

I did that VM approach, first for VRD5 in the VM and it generated a manual token which worked.

Then I did it for VRD6, entering the different VRD6 purchased key etc (which I know works, since I am using it) ... and the website yielded the IDENTICAL manual token string as VRD5, which does not work when I enter it into VRD6:
    Invalid activation token! Please check that you entered it correctly. ...
    Please, how can I recover from that situation to generate a new VRD6 manual token ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
    Oh. That's torn it.

I did that VM approach, first for VRD5 in the VM and it generated a manual token which worked.

Then I did it for VRD6, entering the different VRD6 purchased key etc (which I know works, since I am using it) ... and the website yielded the IDENTICAL manual token string as VRD5, which does not work when I enter it into VRD6:
    Invalid activation token! Please check that you entered it correctly. ...
    Please, how can I recover from that situation to generate a new VRD6 manual token ?
    see if this reddit thread will help - https://www.reddit.com/r/videoredo/comments/18nydtp/manual_activation_site_is_up_and_running/
    Quote Quote  
  14. Two potential issues from the reddit thread may be relevant:
    1. The manual registration website apparently does not work for upgrades, so if you have v5 installed and then install v6 onto the same system, you may not be able to register the v.6 install.
    2. Dan2 only had a 1 year old copy of the licence database. Anyone who bought a licence or upgrade more recently than the date of Dan2's database is out of luck.

I have access to several computers and plan to install the latest on one of them, try to manually register it and then use the codes generated by the website to register an install on another computer, but life is pretty busy at the moment and will be for a while yet until I have a chance to attempt all that.

Note that according to Dan2, the system & user IDs which are generated by videoredo when you start a manual registration are only valid for 24 hours, after which they expire. But the licence code (as distinct from the licence key which you buy) which is generated by the site seems to be indefinitely valid.

As for hydra's attempt to uninstall & then reinstall, uninstalling software always leaves lots of stuff in the windows registry and no doubt for VRD, that includes the licensing details which remain intact even after uninstalling. You'd evidently have to do a registry clean to wipe that, possibly even manually search for it in the registry.

Installing it on a VM should of course be no different to installing on another pc, so you may have run into one of the two problems I've listed above. I do have a VM windows install, but it's 32-bit XP with no network access and VRD6 requires a 64-bit os, so that's no use for testing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks !

The manual registration website apparently does not work for upgrades, so if you have v5 installed and then install v6 onto the same system, you may not be able to register the v.6 install.
    OK, I'll try to install just v6 alone in a fresh VM without the prior v5 install.
    If that's successful I may try installing v5 on top (It's QSF sometimes works where v6 QSF does not).
    I'm still bemused that the v5 and v6 with different license numbers produce the same manual token

uninstalling software always leaves lots of stuff in the windows registry and no doubt for VRD, that includes the licensing details which remain intact even after uninstalling
    Ah. I guess the VM approach may be the only way of generating a token.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
    OK, I'll try to install just v6 alone in a fresh VM without the prior v5 install.
    Yes, that worked. I now have tokens as produced in the VM.

Although as yet, pending advice from Marayong, I have no way of knowing if the tokens can be used to activate an install on a real PC if and when the need arises.
    Last edited by hydra3333; 27th Feb 2024 at 02:21.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by spaceship9876 View Post
    The best competitor to Videoredo is SolveigMM Video Splitter - https://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/video-splitter/

It is a shame that the owner passed away. You would have thought that his wife would have made some sort of deal with the other developer so that development could continue.
    Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
    Solveig MM Splitter is similar to VRD but if memory serves no QFS
    I made the mistake of buying SolveigMM a few years back instead of VRD as it was cheaper. There was a bug that prevented it from working properly, at least for what I needed it for, and I reported it and it was fixed, but only in the next major version, which of course I'd need to pay for. The developer didn't bother to provide a free upgrade, so I paid for software that was broken and useless and never got to use it, and definitely wasn't going to buy it again just to get the fix that should have been implemented in the previous version. I'd strongly recommend against supporting this dev.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks for the feedback vertigo. Many of us are sticking with videoredo for reasons including this.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by noemi7 View Post
    Originally Posted by tuskacz View Post
    I was using videoredo once in the past and didn't find it useful or intuitive.
    VideoReDo is not a video editor but a lossless cutter
    Cutting is editing original material. Looks like you're trying to be smart but fail miserably.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Just found out about this when the software failed to connect to the server for updating. That's some bad, bad news. I've been using the software for ages, such a unique tool...

Anyhow, I've installed the software on a different PC, and went through the manual activation procedure.
    Then I installed it on yet another PC, tried to use the manual activation token from the above activation, and... no. It does not work. The System ID is different, and so it asks for a different token.

Bottom line: should the manual activation page at http://videoredo.online/ ever cease to exist, so will our licenses.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks for the report. That's a shame. Just to clarify, you tried using the token generated by the website to unsuccessfully register it on another computer, as distinct from using the registration codes generated by the software itself doing a manual registration?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Marayong View Post
    Thanks for the report. That's a shame. Just to clarify, you tried using the token generated by the website to unsuccessfully register it on another computer, as distinct from using the registration codes generated by the software itself doing a manual registration?
    I tried the token generated on http://videoredo.online/ with 'User Token' and 'System ID' from the first installation, on a different PC (that, of course, had same 'User Token' but different 'System ID', which you cannot change or bypass).

The only way to complete the installation was to manually generate a new token based on 'User Token' and 'System ID' from the second PC.
    If the manual activation page was not available, I'd have been out of luck.
    Quote Quote