VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, i will be doing my own investigations and trying a few ideas out as soon as i get my new Dell AIO desktop computer, so that i don't need to potentially lose my Pro activation on the laptop while cloning to a new computer.

I have been sussing out one possible method of retaining my Pro activation/license even by doing a clean install of my VRD Pro onto a brand new computer without cloning, as i really don't want to continue using the windows 10 pro system that i have had on my laptop for almost 4.5 years, if i have to finally move to Windows 11 then i want to build my own stripped down version, and then re-install only the Apps and software that i really need from fresh.

I found this interesting link for anyone to read, it basically has every single post made by Dan Haddix since the passing of Dan Rosen, and he is very clear about his position and his intentions going forward since 2022.

https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/12978-videoredo-activation-servers.html#post86819

This is not a life threatening situation for me, and nor should it be for others, for me, i will just use LosslessCut to do my smart cuts (even if only accurate on keyframes) and i use various other free tools to recode my files if i need to, however, i will more than likely just buy TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 to do the other stuff if and when i need to.

I guess that i am lucky that i am in a position to be able to afford to pay for tools like that, i just wish TMPGEnc had the Smart Cut and Render feature built into the slightly over priced Video Mastering Works 7, for the cost of that software, it should have it included.

EDIT: Read a few comments from Dan Haddix in this link too, seems like the Domain is the main concern for Pro users and not the actual server itself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videoredo/comments/19epmww/activation_for_videoredo_6_pro/
    Last edited by Bridgy; 15th Oct 2024 at 09:55.
    Quote Quote