VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Bodø Glimt View Post
    Originally Posted by spaceship9876 View Post
    You lost me at "billed annually". You either buy a product or you don't. I'm not interested in rentals.
    There is an option for "lifetime" 1/3rd from the top of the page next to where it says "choose your video splitter". It is £90 for the home version for lifetime.
    Quote Quote  
  2. According to their site a lifetime subscription only applies to the version you bought, plus minor updates. The example they gave was v8.10-8.19 and you have to pay again to get v.8.20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't seem as if SolveigMM Video Splitter does an equivalent to videoredo QuickStreamFix ?

edit:
    Ah, I also require the CLI feature ... there is ZERO chance I'll purchase it for the one-off discounted price (I refuse to pay annually) of AU$480.95. Forget it. No chance. Zero, none, nada, nix.
    Last edited by hydra3333; 17th Jan 2024 at 07:56.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Exactly my reaction too. Annual software subscriptions are a blight and if I pay for a lifetime subscription, I expect something more than just a few minor bug updates for the cost. SolveigMM's lifetime 8.1x 'upgrades' should be compared to Videoredo's 4.x. No contest. And there's plenty of software out there for which a lifetime subscription covers ALL future updates, well for the lifetime of the company. I blame Adobe for all of this since they pioneered the annual fee.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
    It doesn't seem as if SolveigMM Video Splitter does an equivalent to videoredo QuickStreamFix ?

edit:
    Ah, I also require the CLI feature ... there is ZERO chance I'll purchase it for the one-off discounted price (I refuse to pay annually) of AU$480.95. Forget it. No chance. Zero, none, nada, nix.
    Cypheros TS-Doctor's listing in VideoHelp's software says it has a feature that sounds much like QuickStreamFix.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. TS_Dr has some promise. Licence purchase is the same system as Videoredo - you buy a lifetime licence for a major release, eg all v4.x releases. None of this annual subscription rubbish. And at 40 euro, the price is decent. Operation seems similar to Videoredo. The main drawback is that it will only read TS files and possibly not all types of TS. So even if your files are TS, there's no guarantee that it will work with them. If they are not TS, then it's a no-go. My VDR card records as either mp4 or TS, so it could work with the later. If it supports the particular TS my VDR card outputs.

Whilst I record in TS, I do use videoredo to occasionally edit files from other sources (eg phones, cameras) and they do not come as TS, so that's a negative.

I also couldn't find any mention of saving the edited videos into other formats, eg mp4, mkv, which videoredo does, so that's another negative.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marayong View Post
    TS_Dr has some promise. Licence purchase is the same system as Videoredo - you buy a lifetime licence for a major release, eg all v4.x releases. None of this annual subscription rubbish. And at 40 euro, the price is decent. Operation seems similar to Videoredo. The main drawback is that it will only read TS files and possibly not all types of TS. So even if your files are TS, there's no guarantee that it will work with them. If they are not TS, then it's a no-go. My VDR card records as either mp4 or TS, so it could work with the later. If it supports the particular TS my VDR card outputs.

Whilst I record in TS, I do use videoredo to occasionally edit files from other sources (eg phones, cameras) and they do not come as TS, so that's a negative.

I also couldn't find any mention of saving the edited videos into other formats, eg mp4, mkv, which videoredo does, so that's another negative.
    I haven't run across another alternative to VideoReDo that can fix recordings with transmission errors plus do everything else VideoReDo TV Suite could do as a one-time purchase. Good luck to you with your search.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    The mixture of VideoReDo Pro, TS Doctor and TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works was and is perfect. However, Dan's new registration procedure does not work with a Pro version. Isn't that right?

And on the subject of software piracy: Customers have paid for lifetime versions and what are they getting now? Nothing. So it's their right to look for alternative methods.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bertolini
    Customers have paid for lifetime versions and what are they getting now? Nothing.
    Steady on Tiger. The owner of the company died! If it was a fly-by-night, shoofty, software developer that just did a runner, perhaps you'd have an argument, but Dan ran VRD for many many years, did a brilliant job and implying that you've been ripped off is not appropriate. And, I might add, not the way to convince anybody else to do you any favours by getting the software going again.

Have a read of post #62.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Haven't seen any suggestion that the new registration procedure does not work with the pro version. Dan hasn't posted here so you'd likely have to follow that up on the reddit forum that's linked on the previous page. He does post there. If you have a pro version and the new registration procedure does not work, try contacting Dan via the reddit videoredo page or even PM him there asking for help.

A lifetime subscription is, by definition, determined by the lifetime of the company offering it. Such a subscription with a very small company always runs the risk of a key person leaving, whilst it is not a risk with a big company .. but then big companies tend to charge way more for a lifetime licence.

EDIT: Looking back around post #62 is a comment that the manual registration site may not work with pro versions. If you have a pro version, follow up the reddit link and try to contact Dan and plead for help.
    Last edited by Marayong; 18th Jan 2024 at 23:57.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Bodø Glimt View Post
    You lost me at "billed annually". You either buy a product or you don't. I'm not interested in rentals.
    Same here.

Make me buy it again if you make it better and worth buying again.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Wischmop View Post
    Anyone tried it right now?

https://www.videoredo.online/
    Just tried it and it worked a treat. Provided you already have a licenced user name and Licence number - which I have.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Martyng View Post
    Originally Posted by Wischmop View Post
    Anyone tried it right now?
    https://www.videoredo.online/
    Just tried it and it worked a treat. Provided you already have a licenced user name and Licence number - which I have.
    Just make sure you've kept a copy of the codes the website generated so you can reinstall the software without having to go to the website and generate the codes again. Dan has promised to keep the site online indefinitely, but trusting that is tempting fate too much methinks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bodø Glimt View Post
    There is an option for "lifetime" 1/3rd from the top of the page next to where it says "choose your video splitter". It is £90 for the home version for lifetime.
    You are right. The business model for this product isn't strictly "software-as-a-service" billed annually. It is possible to buy a lifetime license and the price ($100 (US)) is close to what I paid for VideoReDo TV Suite.

I looked at SolveigMM Video Splitter a few years ago. I don't remember SolveigMM Video Splitter having anything like VideoReDo's "Quick Stream Fix" but it could edit many different kinds of video and audio, probably more than I would need.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by spaceship9876 View Post
    Thanks- the free version is available in the Microsoft store. Unfortunately it seems to have the same problems with MP4 subtitles as VRD. At least it only took a couple of minutes to try a test - much easier to figure out than DaVinci Resolve...
    Quote Quote  
  16. A big downside of SolveigMM IMO is that a lifetime licence only covers the release you purchased plus the next few bug patches. It does not include any new releases. If you have bought v.4.1, your licence is only valid for v4.1x, if you want v4.2 you have to buy a new licence. Hence, buying a lifetime licence of SolveigMM leaves you no better off that using an existing licenced copy of Videoredo. The only benefits of SolveigMM are that there will hopefully be future updates (at additional cost) and if you don't currently have a licence, you can still purchase one.

Since videoredo does everything I need and I have a licence for the latest version, I fully intend to continue using it as long as future os versions will allow me to run it.

Note the free version of SolveigMM is crippleware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Since videoredo does everything I need and I have a licence for the latest version, I fully intend to continue using it as long as future os versions will allow me to run it.
    Same here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've just found this forum whilst investigating why my VideoReDo TV Suite v6.62.6.833 can't connect to the server. Sad to read about the demise of DanR (RIP).

I want to make sure that I have all the required information to enable me to reinstall VRD in the future. I puchased the software many years ago and eventually upgraded to v6. I have my Registered Name, the Upgrade Token (3 x 8X) and the Software key (10 x 6X). I have just attempted to use https://www.videoredo.online/ but it asks for a User Token (1 x 10X and 2 x 6X) and a System ID (3 x 5X). How best to proceed?

Also, is it worth updating to the latest version (although I'm very happy with my current version).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So most of this is a little beyond my current skill set, but I thought it might be a good place to ask.

I have a news article video, saved on my SpectrumTV DVR. It’s very important to me as it’s about a family member’s death, and my wife did an interview. I can’t get a copy from the news station, and I can’t find an online copy to download. My DVR is starting to fail, and I’d like to capture and convert this to a file that can be played on a computer, or saved to a dvd for example.

Is videoredo the software I need to attempt this project? If not, I apologize for the interruption, and won’t try to hijack the thread.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Geoff_W View Post
    I want to make sure that I have all the required information to enable me to reinstall VRD in the future. I puchased the software many years ago and eventually upgraded to v6. I have my Registered Name, the Upgrade Token (3 x 8X) and the Software key (10 x 6X). I have just attempted to use https://www.videoredo.online/ but it asks for a User Token (1 x 10X and 2 x 6X) and a System ID (3 x 5X). How best to proceed?
    Updating to the latest version is up to you, but note that the latest version is a beta version so could have issues.

The user token & system ID that the website ask for are generated by Videoredo when you do a fresh install & go through the registration process. In the past you would put in your token and click "register online" (or whatever). This no longer works because the site it goes to is defunct. You need to enter the token and then do a manual registration, which generates the user token & system ID which you can then use to register on the website, generating a code you enter into videoredo to complete the registration. More detail on the process can be found by scrolling up to relevant posts earlier in this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  21. CRJackson ... if you haven't previously purchased videoredo, please look elsewhere. As the thread title indicates, the owner has died and the product is no longer available. Also, Videoredo is a video editing program, not recording.

As for your video, your options are limited. You would need to purchase a video capture card or dongle, install that on your computer, connect the DVR, play the video & record it onto your PC. The video capture card/dongle would come with the software needed to record the video. A ,lot of hassle and outlay for just one video, no matter how important. A better option would be to find a local video converter company, give them your DVR and they will extract the file and supply it to you on a USB/HDD. They would have the hardware, software & skills to do this.

Many DVRs can burn recordings onto a DVD. If yours can do this, this would be the simplest and easiest option. Check the manual.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ... You need to enter the token and then do a manual registration, which generates the user token & system ID which you can then use to register on the website, generating a code you enter into videoredo to complete the registration.
    Thanks for your reply.

Is the website you refer to the https://www.videoredo.online/ one? If so, we all have to hope it remains active for a considerable length of time, or else we won't be able to reinstall VideoReDo on new computers.
    Quote Quote  
  23. The website is being run by the guy who did most of the coding for Videoredo (confusingly, another Dan). He promises to maintain the site "indefinitely". That of course comes with a lot of obvious caveats. My understanding is that if you can get the required registration key from the website, you can save it and reuse it in the future, even if the site vanishes.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by crjackson View Post
    So most of this is a little beyond my current skill set, but I thought it might be a good place to ask.

I have a news article video, saved on my SpectrumTV DVR. It’s very important to me as it’s about a family member’s death, and my wife did an interview. I can’t get a copy from the news station, and I can’t find an online copy to download. My DVR is starting to fail, and I’d like to capture and convert this to a file that can be played on a computer, or saved to a dvd for example.

Is videoredo the software I need to attempt this project? If not, I apologize for the interruption, and won’t try to hijack the thread.
    You should start a new thread about your problem to get as much help as you will need to solve it. As previously noted, VideoReDo is a video editor with no ability to capture video or audio. However, I did use VideoReDo to edit the capture files produced by an HD capture device that I used nearly 10 years ago to capture the HDMI or HD component video output from my cable box.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    CRJackson ... if you haven't previously purchased videoredo, please look elsewhere. As the thread title indicates, the owner has died and the product is no longer available. Also, Videoredo is a video editing program, not recording.

As for your video, your options are limited. You would need to purchase a video capture card or dongle, install that on your computer, connect the DVR, play the video & record it onto your PC. The video capture card/dongle would come with the software needed to record the video. A ,lot of hassle and outlay for just one video, no matter how important. A better option would be to find a local video converter company, give them your DVR and they will extract the file and supply it to you on a USB/HDD. They would have the hardware, software & skills to do this.

Many DVRs can burn recordings onto a DVD. If yours can do this, this would be the simplest and easiest option. Check the manual.

Thanks for the reply. I do have a capture device but I haven’t used it in nearly 15 years. I guess I’ll give it a try. The DVR is built into my cable-box and was provider installed. No manual was supplied, and the provider didn’t have one to give.

Apologies for the intrusion.
    Quote Quote  
  26. It's sad to say, but that's another reason why source code should be ALWAYS available...

...anyway, for lossless trimming and cutting of video and audio files many of - if not all - us already knows LosslessCut.
    Quote Quote  
  27. First I heard of LosslessCut - it's $20 in MS store. Any way I can try before I buy to see if it handles MP4 subtitles?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    First I heard of LosslessCut - it's $20 in MS store. Any way I can try before I buy to see if it handles MP4 subtitles?
    look under download - https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut
    the manual download for windows is available.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LosslessCut is also available as a free download from VideoHelp's software section. (See the link at the beginning of my post.) LosslessCut is free, open-source software.

However, as I recall, unlike VideoReDo it does not permit cuts to be made on any frame chosen by the user. I think LosslesCut cuts only on I-frames (keyframes). [Edit}Smart cutting/rendering is available but it is currently only experimental.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 3rd Feb 2024 at 12:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Updating to the latest version is up to you, but note that the latest version is a beta version so could have issues.
    I have a license.
    However I didn't update VRD for quite a while (running presently 6.62.6).
    Is there am archive where I can download the versions developed after?
    Last edited by geohei; 5th Feb 2024 at 02:20.
    Quote Quote