VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you currently use VAP (or VAP6, VideoReDoAutoProcessor program), (or even if you don’t) you may be interested in this:

https://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/index.php?threads/future-evolution-of-vap.38065/

Reply here if you’re not on the linked VideoReDo forum. (It’s freeware BTW.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    > QSF (Quick Stream Fix)

Give www.dvdvobtompg.com a try. Freeware and ONLY for mpeg2
    Not sure if it will work for this type of input, but worth giving it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VRD is an outstanding piece of software. I use it for editing video footage that I've recorded from a DVB tuner card in my PC. Two things that VRD does that most others do not:
    1. you can cut anywhere in the video, it doesn't have to be at an I-frame. VRD will do a mini recode around the cut to ensure video is good.
    2. it retains teletext subtitles after editing. I've found no other piece of editing software that does that.

Also of course, it's so easy to use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TSDoctor does all the things mentioned by deccavox and is well supported.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    OK, thanks.

If you use it, could you share some working commandlines for mpeg2/TS -> mpeg2/mp4, and avc/TS -> avc/mp4
    which check for and fixes anomalies and maintains audio sync ?

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
    OK, thanks.

If you use it, could you share some working commandlines for mpeg2/TS -> mpeg2/mp4, and avc/TS -> avc/mp4
    which check for and fixes anomalies and maintains audio sync ?

Cheers
    I don't do command lines! Gave that up decades ago am now a complete convert to point and click. Anyway no need with TSDoctor does it all from GUI. You decide it's actions. It's free to try for a month fully functional.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't do command lines! Gave that up decades ago am now a complete convert to point and click. Anyway no need with TSDoctor does it all from GUI. You decide it's actions. It's free to try for a month fully functional.
    Ah. I'm a nerd from way back who loves scheduled tasks to automatically perform work for me ... and that means commandlines.
    With such things I can prepare TV recordings for timeshifted viewing ... without any clicks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i don't do command lines! Gave that up decades ago am now a complete convert to point and click.
    thank you!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. shhh, ai is listening. If anything happens and they take over, those who do not use gui, go first ....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just purchased a new pc but can't find my registration key from some years ago. I've installed the trial version but guess that it will expire in a limited time (not used yet). Is there any way I can find it from my old pc's installation?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stormbel View Post
    I have just purchased a new pc but can't find my registration key from some years ago. I've installed the trial version but guess that it will expire in a limited time (not used yet). Is there any way I can find it from my old pc's installation?
    Look in your emails (on any PC). Assuming you haven't deleted it, it'll be still there. Mine still is (I've just looked).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    Look in your emails (on any PC). Assuming you haven't deleted it, it'll be still there. Mine still is (I've just looked).
    I've already checked for VideoRedo but no luck. It could be an email I haven't used for a long time.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    I've already checked for VideoRedo but no luck. It could be an email I haven't used for a long time.
    see post #5 - https://videoredo.net/msgBoard/index.php?threads/help-finding-my-videoredo-software-key.1455/
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VideoRedo is still going strong here. I've just installed Windows 11 and was able to re-install my VRD and activate it.

A big thanks to whoever is running VRD; it is a wonderful program and it would be a real shame for it to go.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Are you joking? TSDoctor has horrible user interface for editing videos. And is NOT well suppored. I have the latest version.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mirij View Post
    Are you joking? TSDoctor has horrible user interface for editing videos. And is NOT well suppored. I have the latest version.
    For DVB-S and DVB-T recordings, for which the tool has been developped, is absolutely the best. Period.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    For DVB-S and DVB-T recordings, for which the tool has been developped, is absolutely the best. Period.
    May be for removing errors from recordings. But NOT his gui for editing videos. And, for example, my recordings don't contains errors.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    May be for removing errors from recordings.
    That's its goal

But NOT his gui for editing videos.
    It is not a NLE

And, for example, my recordings don't contains errors.
    To establish that, you need a TSDoctor pass using "Check Only" mode. Then you can do any manipulation you wish with your favourite tool
    Quote Quote  

19. To establish that, you need a TSDoctor pass using "Check Only" mode. Then you can do any manipulation you wish with your favourite tool
    Yes, of course. But VideoRedo has similar mode for removing only errors from recording (Menu->Tools->QuickStream Fix...). But I prefer to record without errors , then no need any Check/Fix mode...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, of course. But VideoRedo has similar mode for removing only errors from recording (Menu->Tools->QuickStream Fix...).
    Not as effective

But I prefer to record without errors , then no need any Check/Fix mode...
    You do not control the bad wheter, the problems of encoding at broadcaster side, the problems of some sun activity interfering with the satellites, the problem of rection at your side, and so on

Always check your recordings with TSDoctor, even if they apparently do not show evident errors
    Quote Quote  
  21. Always check your recordings with TSDoctor, even if they apparently do not show evident errors
    I am recording from cable (DVB-C, DVB-T) over 10 years and without problems. And even VideoRedo itself does some error checking when it saves the edited video.
    For the vast majority of edited videos, the number of errors found is zero. And even if there is a small error, VideoRedo fixes it without any problems without breaking the synchronization of video and audio. I am extremely satisfied with VideoRedo. The most important thing is to have the best quality recording. If you don't have it, even TSDoctor won't help you (with extensive error you can throw such a recording away anyway).
    Quote Quote  
  22. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't have it, even TSDoctor won't help you (with extensive error you can throw such a recording away anyway).
    Of course.

But having the best recording does not entirely depend on you, especailly for DVB-S transmission.

In any case, when errors are present in the recorded streams (teletext, subtitles, additional audios, video streams, switching audio format from MPEG to AC2, etc), TSDoctor handle them in a more effective way, like TSReader, because they have been designed for DVB recordings.
    Quote Quote  
  23. In any case, when errors are present in the recorded streams (teletext, subtitles, additional audios, video streams, switching audio format from MPEG to AC2, etc), TSDoctor handle them in a more effective way, like TSReader, because they have been designed for DVB recordings.
    You were responding to my sentence >TSDoctor has horrible user interface for editing videos< and this is still valid.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You were responding to my sentence >TSDoctor has horrible user interface for editing videos< and this is still valid.
    Re-read post #48
    Quote Quote  
  25. Re-read post #48

Re-read post #45.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Re-read post #48

Re-read post #45.
    Re-read post #46 then, stop this non sense, and use whatever you want, without denigrate specific software dedicated to specific goals (that you probably do not understand)
    Quote Quote  
  27. Re-read post #46 then, stop this non sense, and use whatever you want, without denigrate specific software dedicated to specific goals (that you probably do not understand)
    I did not start discuss about error correction in recordings! I only tell - TSDoctor has horrible GUI interface for editing video (cuting) and this is true (because I used it, therefore I can compare). This is for you denigrate specific software?? Then you have personal problem. Not I, but you probably don't understand. And why you still react to responses? Do you want to have the last word because your vanity wants you to?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want to have the last word because your vanity wants you to?
    Yes
    Quote Quote  
  29. Yes
    Then you're an ass***e. Bye.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Same as you, idiot. Bye
    Quote Quote