VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys,
    I'm a little stuck on What Port this picture is. It looks like HDMI, but in the manual of the Monitor it says the product supports Composite video signal, has the composite wires in the box but also says VGA input is optional. No where does it mention HDMI. Btw, it is for a Vehicular LCD Monitor LED backlight. Could anyone help?

[Attachment 67021 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That is clearly HDMI.

Perhaps the manual is for the wrong model?
    Composite & VGA are both analog connections. HDMI is digital.

Device model #?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey scott,
    It's not branded as such, it's from China.
    Model: CM1905

I tried inserting the cable in the picture into My Apple+ TV Device, which is obviously HDMI, but it did not fit!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Could it be for audio?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Isn't that a female HDMI plug? You should be able to plug a normal male HDMI cable into it.

Keep in mind that anyone can use any plug/cable to carry whatever signals they want.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It looks like it could be a female (jack), but it is hard to tell from that head-on angle. Send us a pic of it from a side angle please.

All standard HDMI cables are male plug to male plug, with extenders being female jack to male plug. And all standard HDMI ports on devices are female jacks.

Sure, you could wire it nonstandard, but it's no good unless you make others aware via the manual or website. And it is odd that an HDMI jack would be used for anything else when there are other perfectly good, and simpler, jacks/plugs to make use of.

If it is for Audio, but is using HDMI protocols, the audio is embedded within the HDMI's TDMS video signal. To be recoverable, it would need to be decoded & de-embedded first.

You don't say what model your apple+ device is either so there's no way to know if should be compatible or not. Btw, model # is only fully helpful when the brand is also mentioned.

An LCD monitor/backlight ought to be similar to most other displays, which would normally indicate needing a female jack.

More info needed...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Are there metal connectors on all 19 pins? You can see nine of them in the lower right of this image:

You can also see the tips of the other ten.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A quick google search of the model number brings it up as a Winsonic brand, that model number brings up several sub-models with different options available, but that's definitely HDMI.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hey guys,
    I got a standard HDMI cable and it slotted into the cable in the picture and it fit just right. So that should mean the other end of the standard HDMI cable can plug into a HDMI device (Playstation, Blu-Ray player, AppleTV etc) and theoretically I can use the monitor as a HDMI screen. Would it be correct to brand it as a HDMI device?

With regards to the Brand, it is un-branded. Nothing on the monitor, the back of it , in the manual, just that Model number. But I know it is from China. I think they were made to order, custom build.

The Apple TV device does not have model number on it, just apple logo

I have uploaded some more pictures

[Attachment 67032 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 67033 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 67034 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ok, that is weird. That is is a female plug, where the contact points extend beyond the plastic housing. Be careful with that, because exposed like it is, it is more susceptible to getting bent out of shape and ruining the contact points.
    Never seen anything like that.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. thanks guys
    Quote Quote