VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I have 2 Avermedia video capture cards C027 and C727 and I can't capture using both of them at the same time.

I mean, in the first video capture, the Aver MediaCenter 3D lets me configure the 4 ports freely.

However, when I'm going to define another capture, it no longer shows the 4 possible video card ports.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Ports that I'm referring to of both video capture cards:
    - port 1 device 1 choose SVideo (super video)
    - port 2 device 1 choose HDMI
    - port 1 device 2 choose SVideo (super video)
    - port 2 device 2 choose HDMI

Thank you so much in advance!
    Last edited by NLP; 30th Sep 2022 at 08:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Please, does anyone have the Drivers for the following video cards?

- Avermedia C727 PCie HD Capture Device Driver:1.54.64.182

- Avermedia C027 PCie HD Capture Device Driver:1.52.64.37

(Aver MediaCenter 3D version 1.7.9[Build:12120509)

This is my Setup:
    - TUF GAMING X570-PLUS/BR Bios V. 2407
    - AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core
    - Windows 10 PRO

I searched a lot on the internet and couldn't find these drivers at all.

Thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used to use the M780. These are the items I still have have, let me know if anything might help.
    Also, take a look in this thread
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/341920-Need-Original-Drivers-for-Avermedia-AverTV-HD-DVR-(c027)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	old_mcs.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	67049  

Last edited by davexnet; 2nd Oct 2022 at 15:00.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you davexnet and kramvid99 for the reply.

I have downloaded the setup.exe that kramvid99 shared on mega.zn. And during the installation, it showed the error message below.

"Error applying transforms. Verify if the specified transform paths are valid."

The error below is in Portuguese. So I translated in bold above to English.

Please, do you know why this error below is happening during installation?

Setup.exe:

Error during installation:

Error:

"Error applying transforms. Verify if the specified transform paths are valid."

Last edited by NLP; 3rd Oct 2022 at 07:55.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Hmmmm.... , install all MS Visual C++ Redistributable , here All In One :

https://mega.nz/file/dw9C1brD#jvd7xbQX3A-uk2M-t6DvwnSk4G7fSNUphnAK-sGmle0
    Quote Quote  
  6. Folks,

In your opinion, can I use many Avermedia C727 PCie HD Capture Device Driver:1.54.64.182 together on the same computer? I mean 2 or more C727 on the same PC.

I have tried to use C727 together with C027 but it doesn't work out. I read here on videohelp (and in this post too) that C027 oftentimes shows problems with other cards and that it was not designed to work with another card.

But, I really would like to know if many C727 could work fine together. I want to do many video capture at the same time. I have more than 350 VHS tapes to capture.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Folks,

In your opinion, can I use many Avermedia C727 PCie HD Capture Device Driver:1.54.64.182 together on the same computer? I mean 2 or more C727 on the same PC.

I have tried to use C727 together with C027 but it doesn't work out. I read here on videohelp (and in this post too) that C027 oftentimes shows problems with other cards and that it was not designed to work with another card.

But, I really would like to know if many C727 could work fine together. I want to do many video capture at the same time. I have more than 350 VHS tapes to capture.

Thanks!
    I've never seen any success reported. Better get a second PC and capture in parallel
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Multiple parallel captures with multiple cards, or multiple PCs is not very scalable.

If your attempting to "catalog" or bulk capture quickly, due to some sort of deadline, it makes better sense to reduce your quality requirements and consider hardware codecs.

Until H.264 became the new 'standard', DVD recorders captured in MPEG-2 and those with hard drives could capture standalone direct to their hard drives.

I worked on a project to help test Isobuster software when it was adding the ability to bulk read and copy the MPEG-2 recordings to a PC.

DVD recorders are no longer sold or manufactured, but they can still often be found second hand.

They were designed to capture Broadcast signals, and later models were customized for capturing Camcorder and VHS/Betamax video tape from VCRs to their hard drive. And they typically could do so with a wide choice of speeds and quality, reducing the MPEG-2 GOP approaching that of an Intermediate Codec.. HDV for example was just MPEG-2 with no I frames, and very editable.

There was once a project at the United Nations to catalog a lot of interview tapes as quickly and efficiently as possible with not necessarily any eye to "perfection" for indexing purposes.. that is an example.

A DVD recorder to hard drive setup is scalable.. as long as you can find similar or identical DVD recorders that still work, and that are on the list of supported recorders of Isobuster.

350 (8 hour tapes) for example could be captured to DVD recorder hard drives, first (quickly) for indexing, and only later copied from those hard drives to PC format files

350/1 = 350 sessions
    350/2 = 175 sessions
    350/4 = 88 sessions
    350/8 = 44 sessions

A single hard drive can typically hold 80-100 hours of recordings, on small drives, coping those over to PC hard drives that are x100 to x1000 times larger.. means you could get a hefty collection on a single drive by the time your done.

From what I've read in recent history, some TV stations were using the H.264 encoder made by Blackmagic Design until recently for doing a similar type of indexing or cataloging project to migrate studio tapes and archives.. of course even H.264 has been superceded today.. and that was not well suited to Standard Definition normal VCR with no TBC or Frame sync corrector.. but its an example of "bulk scanning" or "bulk capture".

.. just some food for thought

.. a lot of people would discourage you from embarking on such a project.. question your sanity.. or strongly urge you to curate and toss what you don't absolutely need first.. then use only 422 YUV Uncompressed capture methods.. or say.. its not worth it

ps. those are worst case numbers by the way (2 hour tapes) would take far less time or capacity to complete
    Last edited by jwillis84; 11th Oct 2022 at 18:10.
    Quote Quote