VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I am searching for the best video editing software that my laptop can use. It is a Hp Elitebook 8470 with the following specs:
    Processor: I7 2700.
    32gb ram.
    500gb ssd
    GPU: Quantro 2000M
    I don't expect to run the newest version of anything but would like to know what would be the best I could run and where to find it. I am not really looking for anything hacked as I would prefer to run legit software. Thanks for any help that might be provided.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jay garrick View Post
    Hello, I am searching for the best video editing software that my laptop can use. It is a Hp Elitebook 8470 with the following specs:
    Processor: I7 2700.
    32gb ram.
    500gb ssd
    GPU: Quantro 2000M
    I don't expect to run the newest version of anything but would like to know what would be the best I could run and where to find it. I am not really looking for anything hacked as I would prefer to run legit software. Thanks for any help that might be provided.
    try looking under video editors - https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/video-editors-advanced
    and - https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/video-editors-advanced
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Magix Vegas 15 Edit (I believe) that I purchased years ago. I no longer use it and will gladly give it to you after we do a license transfer thru Magix. Let me know if you are interested.

I have no idea how it would perform on you current system. But seeing that it's free you have nothing to lose.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well good luck with that. In my limited knowledge a true license is only available to the the original purchaser of the product. If it is transferable then fine.

What I would recc to the OP is look at what is available via the given link(s). The situ has changed somewhat due to 'free' programs being somewhat 'better' than the established paid-for ones e.g. Vegas.

Yet 'Best' is initself subjective since we do not know what the OP wants to do. Even programs less than Vegas offer editing and are also free (thus do not encourage the user to acquire the full $$ version and are thus not free at the point-of-'sale')
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @DB83, I can indeed transfer the license. I have done so before. From Magix' site:

7. Transfer and subsidiary agreements

You may not lend, lease or sublicense the MAGIX product temporarily or permanently. However, you may transfer the license for use of the MAGIX product as a whole to a third party, provided that you completely remove all installations from your computer and do not retain any backup copies. You must then release all MAGIX product license slots in your user account and allow the third party to register the MAGIX product in their user account. If the aforementioned conditions are not fulfilled, any transfer of the license of a MAGIX product requires the express consent of MAGIX.

Since I no longer use the software I just thought I would give it to someone who might find it useful. The OP is certainly free to decline the offer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might have a look at Movavi video editor, it's easy to use and has some nice effects.
    Don't know what you expect from an editor… i was a long time happy with DVDLab, which has nice making menu options for a dvd, to make it look real good, and not bound to obvious templates
    DVDLab standard 1.0 is now a free version, the original website (Mediachance) has the regristration info https://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/ at the bottom of the page (Using the "try it for free button")
    Last edited by Eric-jan; 31st Oct 2022 at 18:58.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Davinci Resolve 18 has a free version. Adobe Premiere has a trial version. Look for tutorials to help you decide which program fits you needs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Premiere rush is on par with filmora. no professional features, isn't free
    Quote Quote