VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Has anybody encountered occurrences when the audio playback lags the displayed waveform/spectrogram? I have tried all the different players but they all have about 1-1.5 sec lag and the lag continues to drift further the longer the audio is.

Any suggestion to fix this? I am in a project that requires very precise alignment of words to the audio waveforms, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Outside of subtitle edit, with a normal video player, is there also this audio delay?
    If so, and if this delay increases over time, then it could be a remux with a wrong audio track.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There is no syncing issue with the video, it is the drift in the waveform display in Subtitle Edit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Francis Lee View Post
    There is no syncing issue with the video, it is the drift in the waveform display in Subtitle Edit.
    I see the same thing and it really threw me off on a lot of resyncs. BUT - I am pretty sure it just affects odd framerates, namely 24p material.I think it just can't handle it, so it actually displays the waveform as though it was 23.976. I'm dealing with one now. I'm trying to try demuxing the audio to a mono flac and use that as the audio track, and maybe that will work.
    Quote Quote