VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys I have my several movie collection and I am using Handbrake so I can reduce the size but keeping the quality, I tried with an animated movie encoding x265 NV (with my Nvidia) with CRF 17 and there´s a big difference compare with original, so I get from another site the same movie already encoded and the video quality is amazing, because that I so wish to know what do you recommend? what maybe i´m doing wrong with Handbrake? what tool do you use for encode?

Thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There a lot of options/selections in Handbrake and many other encoders. As to video not looking good, we could use some screenshots of your settings. Could be as simple as your bitrate is too low. Maybe upload a clip of the original video 15 - 30 seconds long. We can take a look.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ive found that gpu encoding looks worse with medium to low bitrates, i always do 2 pass software conversions for serious stuff, i use 1 pass gpu encoding for sharing quick videos.

Try Ripbot264 or StaxRip

Hope it helps
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ricardouk View Post
    Ive found that gpu encoding looks worse with medium to low bitrates, i always do 2 pass software conversions for serious stuff, i use 1 pass gpu encoding for sharing quick videos.

Try Ripbot264 or StaxRip

Hope it helps
    Thank You How do you encode with 2 pass? how to calcule? and when I tried to encode the movie with x255 with proccesor tried with 2 PCs, Handbrake in 00.9% just freezes the I dont know if problem is the movie or somthing that I can fix on Handbrake?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by BlurayHD View Post

Try Ripbot264 or StaxRip

Hope it helps
    Thank You How do you encode with 2 pass? how to calcule? and when I tried to encode the movie with x255 with proccesor tried with 2 PCs, Handbrake in 00.9% just freezes the I dont know if problem is the movie or somthing that I can fix on Handbrake?
    x265 is very processor intensive. It didn't freeze, it's just that slow unless you have a fast chip.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blud7 View Post
    Originally Posted by BlurayHD View Post

Try Ripbot264 or StaxRip

Hope it helps
    x265 is very processor intensive. It didn't freeze, it's just that slow unless you have a fast chip.

Something that I notice the problem on animated movie is with Handbrake because I tried with ex Bdrebuilder and is amazing too, but I preffer Handbrake, is there´s any option for animate movie I so appreciate if you can tell me, I´m doing the encoders with my Nvidia because with proccesor takes more than day

If you just can tell me for animated movies maybe maybe there´s an option that I not see?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nobody here knows the quality of your source, nor the settings you used.
    If you want further assistance post screenshots of all your settings tabs and a sample of the source, at least
    30 seconds
    Quote Quote  
  8. Every modern encoder and program can produce very good output with the right settings. Try x265 with CRF 17, animation tuning, slow or slower preset. Yes, it will be very slow.
    Quote Quote