VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking to cut out a step from my downloading, is there a program out there that I can feed a url, mpd, m3u8 etc and a key and have it do it all? Preferably one that can also name the files and merge them if needed as well
    Quote Quote  
  2. does no one read anything on here ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. if you could point me in the direction to what I'm supposed to have read that would be much more helpful
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Joeyjojos View Post
    if you could point me in the direction to what I'm supposed to have read that would be much more helpful
    Some of my latest posts for example. You'll come across N_m3u8 RE or something.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Joeyjojos View Post
    I'm looking to cut out a step from my downloading, is there a program out there that I can feed a url, mpd, m3u8 etc and a key and have it do it all? Preferably one that can also name the files and merge them if needed as well
    Yes Sir! There is!

The software is called Python; or PHP or Node JavaScript or Rust or Perl or... well you get the idea... you load it up on your machine and you write a <insert your chosen language here>-script to do just what you want. People have written their own scripts to do what they want. Good system isn't it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by Joeyjojos View Post
    if you could point me in the direction to what I'm supposed to have read that would be much more helpful
    Some of my latest posts for example. You'll come across N_m3u8 RE or something.
    I was trying to get n_M3u8 to work but I couldn't figure out how exactly to give it the decryption key. I'll look around some more
    Quote Quote  
  7. [ss] vegeta posted something like this, not so long ago.

Code:
    N_m3u8DL-RE.exe "mpd_url" --key kid1:key1 [--key kidx:keyx ] -M format=mkv
    this command will both decrypt and merge. Thanks to nilaoda
    Quote Quote