VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have 2 identical computers with the same Lightroom running on them.

I usually work on my home computer editing wedding photos in the morning. When I need to go to the office I take my editing SSD drive with me and istall it into my other PC. This is not an external SSD but a regular secondary drive I insert into the computer and close the housing.

Every time I swap the SSD drive the Lightroom catalog gets corrupted. The backup copy works so I use that all the time but the main catalog is corrupted.

My question: Why does it create a problem that I remove the SSD and insert it into another computer? Both computers has the same processor, motherboard, etc. I make sure I completely shut down the computer before I remove the drive.

Any ideas????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hasselblad View Post
    I have 2 identical computers with the same Lightroom running on them.

I usually work on my home computer editing wedding photos in the morning. When I need to go to the office I take my editing SSD drive with me and istall it into my other PC. This is not an external SSD but a regular secondary drive I insert into the computer and close the housing.

Every time I swap the SSD drive the Lightroom catalog gets corrupted. The backup copy works so I use that all the time but the main catalog is corrupted.

My question: Why does it create a problem that I remove the SSD and insert it into another computer? Both computers has the same processor, motherboard, etc. I make sure I completely shut down the computer before I remove the drive.

Any ideas????
    see this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIrAKMlRZQE
    Last edited by october262; 16th Sep 2022 at 00:57.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have moved all files relating to the edit to the drive I switch out.

Yes, I think this video is going to explain how to avoid this. I am just worried that long term it will kill my drive....
    Quote Quote