VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

    I'd like to extract the video in mp4 format (highest quality 1080p) using yt-dlp.
    I tried to find the mp4 or m3u8 file by 'inspecting element' but all I get are fragments of .ts files.
    Can someone help me write a code to get the mp4 file in 1080p?

    https://www.teve2.com.tr/diziler/guncel/vatanim-sensin/bolumler/vatanim-sensin-1-bolum
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There's m3u8, look better.
    There's no 720p or 1080p, only 480p, highest bitrate 1250k.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    There's m3u8, look better.
    There's no 720p or 1080p, only 480p, highest bitrate 1250k.
    But 1080p is the highest quality here.
    Image
    [Attachment 66790 - Click to enlarge]
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. with IDM work also, find highest bitrate for 1080

    EDIT - my bad, there's only 720p for highest bitrate
    Last edited by kijubi555; 15th Sep 2022 at 11:16.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kijubi555 View Post
    with IDM work also, find highest bitrate for 1080
    No, with IDM, it becomes a .ts file.
    If you could download it for me, could you generate a link for me to download it please?
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. To me, Chrome gives only 480p max and Firefox doesn't open due to adblock even though I disabled it.
    Anyhow, you can remux a ts file easily with ffmpeg
    ffmpeg -i file.ts -c copy file.mp4

    [edit] Okay, gave me 1080p with Brave browser.
    This should give you what you want
    Code:
    yt-dlp.exe -N 10 -f 2750 "https://2122248084.duhnet.tv//S9/HLS_VOD/107766_e47c/index.m3u8?key=d907c770a5500f849fe312e11f7db2ac&app=com.tv2&min=0&max=2500&app=com.tv2" --output ha.mp4
    you might need ffmpeg in the same folder with yt-dlp

    Hmm, this gave me 720p.

    Okay, the 1080p is fake. Even though you choose 1080p, even though it shows different ts chunks, when you download a chunk that appears after you've chosen 1080p, it still gives you 720p chunk.
    Last edited by [ss]vegeta; 15th Sep 2022 at 11:25.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    To me, Chrome gives only 480p max and Firefox doesn't open due to adblock even though I disabled it.
    Anyhow, you can remux a ts file easily with ffmpeg
    ffmpeg -i file.ts -c copy file.mp4

    [edit] Okay, gave me 1080p with Brave browser.
    This should give you what you want
    Code:
    yt-dlp.exe -N 10 -f 2750 "https://2122248084.duhnet.tv//S9/HLS_VOD/107766_e47c/index.m3u8?key=d907c770a5500f849fe312e11f7db2ac&app=com.tv2&min=0&max=2500&app=com.tv2" --output ha.mp4
    you might need ffmpeg in the same folder with yt-dlp

    Hmm, this gave me 720p.

    Okay, the 1080p is fake. Even though you choose 1080p, even though it shows different ts chunks, when you download a chunk that appears after you've chosen 1080p, it still gives you 720p chunk.
    Thank you so much for the code and taking your time to test on different browsers!
    I managed to get the mp4 video using yt-dlp now but just as you said, it only gave me a 720p.
    Didn't know that streaming sites can give fake resolutions!
    Thanks for solving this for me, Vegeta!
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Okay, the 1080p is fake.
    I think you right, it was 720p with higher bitrate
    Quote Quote  
  9. @aruwin I checked the links and the "highest" shown by DownloadHelper is this one bitrate 2.8 Mbps
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    To me, Chrome gives only 480p max and Firefox doesn't open due to adblock even though I disabled it.
    Anyhow, you can remux a ts file easily with ffmpeg
    ffmpeg -i file.ts -c copy file.mp4

    [edit] Okay, gave me 1080p with Brave browser.
    This should give you what you want
    Code:
    yt-dlp.exe -N 10 -f 2750 "https://2122248084.duhnet.tv//S9/HLS_VOD/107766_e47c/index.m3u8?key=d907c770a5500f849fe312e11f7db2ac&app=com.tv2&min=0&max=2500&app=com.tv2" --output ha.mp4
    you might need ffmpeg in the same folder with yt-dlp

    Hmm, this gave me 720p.

    Okay, the 1080p is fake. Even though you choose 1080p, even though it shows different ts chunks, when you download a chunk that appears after you've chosen 1080p, it still gives you 720p chunk.
    Hi, it's me again.
    Do you know how to download this video?
    I don't know how to write the code.

    https://clicksud.biz/2017/09/patria-mea-esti-tu-episodul-2-online-14/
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by aruwin View Post
    Hi, it's me again.
    Do you know how to download this video?
    I don't know how to write the code.

    https://clicksud.biz/2017/09/patria-mea-esti-tu-episodul-2-online-14/
    Huh, been a while since we've encountered this.
    These are boring and kinda hard, they block dev tools, extension, bla-bla.
    If I find the time I'll check.
    Or someone else will.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    It does but as a ts file. And this ts file is not playable.
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    hawaii
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aruwin View Post
    It does but as a ts file. And this ts file is not playable
    ahah

    .ts video is not playable for you? change your video player ....

    Image
    [Attachment 66940 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads