VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. New to this forum and creating videos programmatically

I'd like to create protected video files which also contain unprotected "previews"
    Does anyone know if that is being done, or is even possible?
    I have been playing around with ffmpeg and can successfully convert video/audio content into an encrypted form, but can't seem to combine with a brief unencrypted preview
    Goal is to create a file which displays the preview within a standard player, and a user can open the full content in special player given the right key.

I am actively getting my hands dirty, but any help or advice to get me pointed in a productive direction would be very appreciated
    I would also find it useful to understand who are considered the video format gurus currently.

Thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by arolfe View Post
    New to this forum and creating videos programmatically

I'd like to create protected video files which also contain unprotected "previews"
    Does anyone know if that is being done, or is even possible?
    I have been playing around with ffmpeg and can successfully convert video/audio content into an encrypted form, but can't seem to combine with a brief unencrypted preview
    Goal is to create a file which displays the preview within a standard player, and a user can open the full content in special player given the right key.

I am actively getting my hands dirty, but any help or advice to get me pointed in a productive direction would be very appreciated
    I would also find it useful to understand who are considered the video format gurus currently.

Thanks!!
    try this here - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59881644/ffmpeg-concat-demuxer-and-handling-encrypted-chunks
    Quote Quote  
  3. @october262 - Thank you ... a step closer
    Quote Quote