VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo. I've adjusted the levels on my proc amp today. I've tried to add contrast and lower the brightness. I've checked the clips on the waveform, some are closer to the brown bar so they still might need tweaking somewhat. But overall I thought they are an improvement. Any feedback would be welcome.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's a little too low:

[Attachment 66925 - Click to enlarge]

There are some darks crushed at Y=16. Raising the black level a little should restore a little detail in the dark areas.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo. I thought that one had the worse waveform.
    Clip 22-9 30 & Clip 22-9 31 an indoor & outdoor clip have the same setting so I'm hoping for this tape this would be an acceptable capture level?
    Quote Quote  
  4. 22-09 31 looks pretty good to me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Sharc. They no longer have that washed out look. I think I'm finally going in the right direction, due to all the great advice I been given. I'm now feeling more confident about my captures.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Some of the darkest shades are being crushed in 22-09 31. Although that particular shot looks ok there may be other shots where the loss of the darkest shades may be a problem. I'd consider moving the black level up a bit for capture. Or at least check to be sure.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo. Yes I will do that. It will probably give me a bit more wiggle room throughout the tape.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is indoor and outdoor clip after adjusting the levels to suit both clips. Hopefully these are better. Thanks.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. That looks like good compromise settings to get the most out of the source.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo. That's great news. I will start to capture! Thank you for all your help.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That looks like good compromise settings to get the most out of the source.
    Yes, absolutely.
    With reference to your post#39 real sticklers for valid values may consider reducing contrast and saturation slightly in post processing for valid RGB values.
    Probably not worth the effort though as one risks to loose some color vividness.
    Last edited by Sharc; 24th Sep 2022 at 17:00.
    Quote Quote