VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to move a subtitles and all following subtitles all at once using the waveform?

I usually use Subtitle Workshop to time my subtitles but using a waveform to do that is intriguing. I’ve read the waveform help on Nikse.dk but can’t find instructions to do what I want. So here’s what I’m looking to do.

I have a subtitle that displays on the waveform in the middle of music (background noise). I want to move that subtitle and all subtitles after it, maintaining gap and duration, further down the timeline. I know I can to this by selecting Synchronization > Adjust all times (show earlier/later)... but then I have to calculate the difference between where the sub is at now and where I want it to be. Not too difficult but using the waveform seems much easier.

I thought the instruction:
    • Mouse single click+Ctrl+Shift will set of start selected line + offset all lines after selected line (keeping durations)

might do the trick so I tried it but I didn’t see it do anything. I’m probably using it wrong.

I hope my dilemma make sense.
    Thanks for any insight.
    Quote Quote  
  2. To the left of the waveform there is a menu. Select the "adjust" tab.
    Now select the subtitle and drag it to to the desired spot and press "set start and offset the rest" button (F9)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Moralez View Post
    Is it possible to move a subtitles and all following subtitles all at once using the waveform?

I usually use Subtitle Workshop to time my subtitles but using a waveform to do that is intriguing. I’ve read the waveform help on Nikse.dk but can’t find instructions to do what I want. So here’s what I’m looking to do.

I have a subtitle that displays on the waveform in the middle of music (background noise). I want to move that subtitle and all subtitles after it, maintaining gap and duration, further down the timeline. I know I can to this by selecting Synchronization > Adjust all times (show earlier/later)... but then I have to calculate the difference between where the sub is at now and where I want it to be. Not too difficult but using the waveform seems much easier.

I thought the instruction:
    • Mouse single click+Ctrl+Shift will set of start selected line + offset all lines after selected line (keeping durations)

might do the trick so I tried it but I didn’t see it do anything. I’m probably using it wrong.

I hope my dilemma make sense.
    Thanks for any insight.
    First select the subtitle that you want to sync it and all the lines after (by double clicking it on the wave form for to highlight it in red) then hold ctrl + shift and click on the wave form where it should start that will move it and all the lines after for to that position
    Last edited by sarksi_yol1; 2nd Mar 2023 at 14:16.
    Quote Quote