VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Rare Grooves Shack rare grooves shack's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've been trying to improve the quality of my music channel on youtube and wish to replace all of the videos I posted from lousy sounding mp3s with an image I want to replace with the one from my avatar here. I have an android tablet and have gotten nowhere with KineMaster, FilmoraGo or YouCut so far and am getting frustrated. Filmora, I think, did let me do what I want, but has a 60 second limit. one of the other programs refused to let me make a video from audio, and the other one created an image intro that I could not get to stretch over my audio track. Oh, Filmora also refused to let me attach one audio track for which I have permission on my youtube channel because it isn't monetized.

I created the original videos from mp3s with an online editor and can't figure out why none of these apps wants to cooperate. I don't want watermarking AT ALL! I'm OK with spending may $5 if I must, but no more as I only have a dozen songs/remixes I want to re-upload. I would get a more serious program down the road if I ever decide to post mixes, but just want to clean my dozen vids up with better versions.

thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Inshot, load image, load music, strech image to same duration as the audio, export...done

https://inshot.com/

you can do the same with google photos app
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Rare Grooves Shack rare grooves shack's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like a plan! I'm on it, thank you.

it was last on my list of highest rated editors. i'm having similar issues trying to get a text editor that'll let me view all of my rich text documents as office.

UGH! ANOTHER program with lousy needle in a haystack navigation! no search and no folder layer browsing like windows. why does android do that crap?! (you don't want to know what i think of my smart phone!) oh! wait! at least my folder list is alphabetical here. it's completely random in everything else but CX file explorer which proved useless for finding media for other apps or apps that'll work with rich text like the hideous cloud based editors i DLed.

computers and I have a misunderstanding. as soon as I DO understand, they change everything

it's not letting me stretch the photo on the timeline like the other program, but at least it's synched to the start. i'm guessing that the time limits are $ related now.

the video is stopping with the pic too. i started with the pic, so maybe i need to start with the music. i just checked... sound quality is excellent anyways! oh, wait! i didn't hit the check button. i was trying to exit. OK... it looks like i have to select duration to get stretch handles. not quite as easy as described, but i'll get there. OK... i got the image to stretch past the song and will have to trim it. it'd be easier if i could see the WAV, but it's doable. i didn't see a save option, but i'll find it or watch a tutorial. oh wait! the WAV is the purple stripe! trim save done.

looks like you nailed it! i'm guessing $ave is a paid feature, but I did get my 1st video edited and even added a caption, so i won't have to photoshop different pics for each video and can repeat the formatting for consistency. i'm listening to a "save video" tutorial. doesn't help that it's in Hindi.

thank you very much!!! plus rep!
    Last edited by rare grooves shack; 1st Sep 2022 at 15:18.
    Quote Quote  
  4. By far the simplest once you have it set up is ffmpeg in a batch file:

Code:
    ffmpeg -y -loop 1 -r 24 -i "%~dpn1.jpg" -i "%~dpn1.mp3" -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast -tune stillimage -c:a copy -shortest "%~dpn1.mkv"
    Put that in a batch file, drag/drop either the mp3 or the jpg image onto the batch file (both must be in the same folder, with the same base name), and in a few seconds you'll have an mkv file with a still video and the mp3 audio. So

Code:
    MySong.mpg
    MySong.jpg
    will produce:
    Code:
    MySong.MKV
    Put the batch file in your SendTo folder and you can right click on any mp3 or jpg file and select SendTo->(whatever you name the batch file).

You can modify this to use the same image file for all mp3 files:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -loop 1 -r 24 -i "Path\to\Image.jpg" -i "%~dpn1.mp3" -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast -tune stillimage -c:a copy -shortest "%~dpn1.mkv"
    These are also easily modified to process all files in a folder, or even a folder tree.
    Last edited by jagabo; 1st Sep 2022 at 18:02.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Rare Grooves Shack rare grooves shack's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    i'll look into that later. I was just dropping in to heap much praise on the 1st reply. my problem was I wasn't clicking the OK checkbox that leads to saving. that's one thing i really hate about android... all the unnecessary extra steps to do stuff it adds. i want my windows [X] button back!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

i've replaced all the muffled 2nd generation mp3 original videos in my channel with originals at 720p 24fps. they sound so much better and the art needed replacing badly. i even added a few more videos that cut blah blah blahs out of intros and outros.

i really like inshot for making simple music videos. very shallow learning curve to pro results, but i think yahoo might be cutting some fidelity, but then again, my A8 sounds better than my dedicated mp3 player, so it could be the generic sound card.

thanks a bunch for helping me up my game for my thousands of 57 subscribers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rare grooves shack View Post
    ....$ave is a paid feature, but I did get my 1st video edited and even added a caption, so i won't have to photoshop different pics for each video and can repeat the formatting for consistency. i'm listening to a "save video" tutorial. doesn't help that it's in Hindi.
    thank you very much!!! plus rep!
    There's an option that will disable watermark and let you save if you watch an ad at the very end, while watching the ad your conversion is running in the background so by the time you finished watching the ad the conversion is done, nothing to loose... hope it helps
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote