VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I put together a capture station with 2 Sony BVW-75 Betacam decks, 2 BVR-50 TBCs, and a AJA Kona LHi card with an iMac Pro. I connect the component outputs of the deck I want to use to the capture card. I use the composite output of the deck for secondary monitoring. Using the BVR-50 I can adjust video and chroma levels and setup in the composite and component signals. But hue only changes in the composite signal not the component. That is true whether I use the BVR-50s or the onboard hue adjustment. Does anyone know if that is normal for the BVW-75 / BVR-50s? Do I need to do something different to adjust hue in the component signal?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know that particular device but what you are seeing makes sense. In a composite signal the chroma carrier uses a polar coordinate system where the phase of the carrier determines the hue, the amplitude the saturation. You can easily change the hue by phase shifting the carrier or the chroma burst reference. But component uses a Cartesian coordinate system where changing the hue is much more complicated.
    Quote Quote