VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I've been searching for two days now but don't find the right program for what I'm up to. Maybe you can help.

I have about 200 rather short family video clips (some are only 10 seconds, other 5 minutes); and I'd like to burn them on DVD.

In the menu one should basically be able to navigate to the video clips separately, BUT there are many occasions where we shot several videos, so before I would like to merge some of the clips. (otherwise I get about 200 menu points, some of them leading to 10 seconds videos).

If I merge the videos in a separate program it would take very long, because I have to open a new project at each time, import the clips, and save the video separately.

Is there any DVD authoring program that allows me to merge some clips easily before creating the menu?

(I found DeVeDe which does the job basically, but it creates a text only menu without screenshots...)

Looking forward to your answers,
    Veronika
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have not tried it for this but AVStoDVD might do this.
    It has a menu in its' programming but you can select not to use it.

Maybe the old software DVDFlick.

For the menus there is a program named TitleWriter.
    I prefer a simple text menu & it does them but it can do some more complex menus.

For a more complex menu DVDStyler but it is a complicated program to me anyway.

The older Nero software could also create more complex menus.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What you really want to do is use a dvd authoring program that supports playlists. Then the individual videos are not merged but play in the order specified by the playlist. However, AFAIK, basic authoring programs do not support playlists (dvd-lab pro which costs $$$ does) and your better option, even if it does take time is to actually merge together the shorter clips.

However there is another problem. Depending on how many clips you end up after the merge you will be restricted to a maximum of 99 for a basic, simple dvd. So even if you did no merging 200 clips is not possible.

But I must disagree with the above. DVDStyler is not 'complicated'. Import the clips in the order you want them to play or appear in the menus and they do just that. Plenty of choice of menu styles etc. Yes. It does have advance features but you really do not need to go there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Also in DVDStyler you may add files as chapters bin order to keep number of titles below 99.

[Attachment 66465 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Just tested that. Looks just like a playlist to me
    Quote Quote  
  6. Also note you may select several files at once.
    Quote Quote