VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an issue with some MPEG-2 files I have. I'm trying to burn them to a DVD but the bitrate maxes out at 9800kbps.
    I'm trying to avoid re-compressing the video or the audio. (WAV 48khz)
    Any recommended software that'd let me do this? I already tried AVStoDVD but it didn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by defbiz View Post
    I already tried AVStoDVD but it didn't work.
    Do you mean it was was rejected at the authoring step?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD has a checkbox not to re-encode compliant sources.However video bitrate over 9800 kbps is NOT dvd-compliant and will re-encode regardless.I dount if ANY dvd tool will allow you to create a non-compliant dvd and even if it did I equally doubt if any player would play it.You could, however, create a AVCHD disk which allows for higher bitrates and you can burn that to dvd media. However such a disk can only be played in a Blu-Ray player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I remember correctly, IFOEdit, which does basic authoring without a menu, wasn't as strict as some other DVD authoring software that I used but I have never tested it with files that create a DVD with an overly high bitrate. However, it's true that such a DVD might not be playable on burned media.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    AVStoDVD has a checkbox not to re-encode compliant sources.However video bitrate over 9800 kbps is NOT dvd-compliant and will re-encode regardless.I dount if ANY dvd tool will allow you to create a non-compliant dvd and even if it did I equally doubt if any player would play it.You could, however, create a AVCHD disk which allows for higher bitrates and you can burn that to dvd media. However such a disk can only be played in a Blu-Ray player.
    To clarify, I'm actually trying to make it play back on a Blu-Ray player. I have a few unused DVDs and the files I'm trying to burn are 720x576 and the total size is a bit less than 4.5gb so I think it'd be a waste to burn them on a Blu-Ray disk. I was also trying to make them play back automatically instead of burning a data disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Misleading topic then.

But as I stated a AVCHD disk should work and this is the tool for that.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/multiAVCHD
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I am not aware of any authoring software or muxing app that would not stop and throw an error message once the total bitrate exceeds 10.08 Mbit/s.

All streams combined may not exceed 10.08 Mbit/s. One approach is reducing the audio bitrate. For a test, you could try to author the video without any audio and see if it works. If yes, reducing the audio bitrate could be an option.

Then there is Cuttermaran which has an option of re-encoding only the parts (GOPs) that are not DVD-compliant. Although I never used it for that, it should do the trick.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Skiller View Post
    I am not aware of any authoring software or muxing app that would not stop and throw an error message once the total bitrate exceeds 10.08 Mbit/s.
    Same here. All properly reject over 9.8 or 10.08 that I've ever seen, and I've seen most or all.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote