VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi

can someone help how to extract subtitles from this streaming service 'rtl play' (play.rtl.hr), i only know that is widevine protection, something like that, and if possible it would be nice if it can extract and video

thanx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Read this forum for a few days to get the basics.
    You can't ask for subtitles and just throw in "it'd be nice to get the video too".
    If I remember correctly this site heavily blocked VPN access.
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you can get the subtitles in an .mp4 format using ytdlp, and then transforming it into a srt with Subtitle Edit.
    Share login details via private message.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Read this forum for a few days to get the basics.
    You can't ask for subtitles and just throw in "it'd be nice to get the video too".
    If I remember correctly this site heavily blocked VPN access.
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you can get the subtitles in an .mp4 format using ytdlp, and then transforming it into a srt with Subtitle Edit.
    Share login details via private message.
    i don't understand this stuff and really don't know where to start to resolve this by myself so i need little help, and subtitles are hardcoded as i know, i manage somehow to download video but there is no picture only sound
    Quote Quote  
  4. 'Share login details'.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Since the friend doesn't provide any more background, he simply wants magic.

I decided to try that platform (Croatian IP) with hola vpn (the only one that worked for me) it asks for a basic login (no subscription required to view the contents, they are free), you get the PSSH with the EME registrar (read on the forum), license url via network (developer tools) (read on forum), get headers for that license, with curl convert (read on forum), then use l3.py script (with valid cdm ) and get the key without problem, download the mpd (audio and video) (yt-dlp or Nm3u8), then decrypt it with mp4decrypt (bento) and mux.

I tried this movie and all good.

https://play.rtl.hr/bostonski-heroji-p_22430/bostonski-heroji-c_12959605

Code:
    --key 57d26f8876696a37e0d8f22ad88c975e:ab52ca2526314f64fa316b2ac44d5dce
    The subtitles are embedded in the video.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Sebast94 View Post
    Since the friend doesn't provide any more background, he simply wants magic.

I decided to try that platform (Croatian IP) with hola vpn (the only one that worked for me) it asks for a basic login (no subscription required to view the contents, they are free), you get the PSSH with the EME registrar (read on the forum), license url via network (developer tools) (read on forum), get headers for that license, with curl convert (read on forum), then use l3.py script (with valid cdm ) and get the key without problem, download the mpd (audio and video) (yt-dlp or Nm3u8), then decrypt it with mp4decrypt (bento) and mux.

I tried this movie and all good.

https://play.rtl.hr/bostonski-heroji-p_22430/bostonski-heroji-c_12959605

Code:
    --key 57d26f8876696a37e0d8f22ad88c975e:ab52ca2526314f64fa316b2ac44d5dce
    The subtitles are embedded in the video.
    great, thanx, well explained but I'm having a hard time finding exactly these things you mentioned when I search here on the forum, I'm not really good with these terms, it's the first time I've come across them, but if someone have direct links it would be great

it's not a problem for me to search, it's just that I'm lost in all this and I don't know what exactly I should look at and how to find the right topic with all easy explanation step by step
    Quote Quote  
  7. maybe this one will be easier to extract subtitles, is anybody know how?

https://moviemix.eu/
    Quote Quote