VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Allow me to first setup this scenario:

I am in possession of, (2) Philips DVD-R disks, which, even with the disks NOT being re-writable disks, they are in an open session state, with two video tracks on each, that I would like to get off of the disks, to preserve them properly.

Windows 10, via File Explorer, tries to read the disk, but just keeps attempting, and attempting to no avail.

If I open Nero Burning ROM, it gives me the information as seen in my attached screen capture.

I tried, "closing" the (disk/session) with the option at the bottom left hand corner that reads, "Close VR disc". When I choose that option, Nero then goes to another screen, and I get a progression slider that always only gets up to about 2, or 5 percent, and then the disk gets ejected. Nero failed at closing the (disk/session) because if I push the disk back in, and restart Nero, Nero continues to give me the option to, "Close VR disc".

As far as I can guess, my Father, who has since passed, and was not very computer savvy, sometime attempted to burn these videos to disk, but wasn't aware to see if, "Finalize" was checked or not, and that is most likely how these disks came to be in their current state.

Can anyone suggest a politically correct way of retrieving these videos from these disks?

Thank you for your time.

[Attachment 66205 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Give a try to IsoBuster.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Do not attempt to finalize them that way, as it could possibly screw it up even further.

+1 on ISOBuster.
    Though, as much as I love & prefer it, there are some features that may only be available with the paid version.

You could also try CDRoller. It is also very good, though IMO not quite as thorough as ISOBuster.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Truly, it was ISOBuster for the win. It effortlessly retrieved all videos for me.

Thanks to all.
    Quote Quote